A. Marcum

Guest BB_TWEEDER

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that kinda stinks hes choosing UK for football but then again its a good school all around.I woulda been good seeing him put on the Maroon and Orange but if he wants to wear blue and white it dont bother me either. Good luck

[ QUOTE ]

Man that kinda stinks hes choosing UK for football but then again its a good school all around.I woulda been good seeing him put on the Maroon and Orange but if he wants to wear blue and white it dont bother me either. Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

He would have loved for Tech to call...not a good fit for him or them I guess? At least if things work out at UK he will get to play in the SEC and maybe in a couple of years he can help be an impact player for that team...he's out to prove everyone wrong who says he isn't big enough or fast enough to play at the next level and he has the work ethic to better himself...so we'll see what happens in time...just keep your fingers crossed it works out for him...and he can get a good education in the process.

I hope that wherever he dicides to go, that he is happy in his choice. he deserves to go somewhere good and play. If he goes to kentucky i might go and watch him paly some. thatd be great. well best of luck marcum.

wiseacav72 cool.gif

Just to be clear on a few things:

(1) he does not have a "ride" at UK...it would be an invited walk on sort of situation. He has other Grant/Scholarship money and doesn't need a "ride" to play at UK. He still has to go through admissions and some other things, this is his favorite option and we are all hoping this will work out...he wants to go there and play in the SEC (and of course get his college education). It will be at least another 4 weeks or so before we know for sure if this is going to happen or not.

(2) he has already been accepted to Marshall and will more than likely go there if things don't work out with UK. This would be funny because Garon will probably end up going wherever Aaron goes and he could end up as a Freshman RB behind Bradshaw...hmmmmm.

(3) he is still interested in talking with the people at VMI about possibly going there for a couple of reasons...that's all I really want to say about it for now.

In other news, Garon was contacted by rivals.com this past week and will be listed as one of their top prospects in the nation for the class of 2006 next year...they wanted highlight video to evaluate him and have already sent him the questionare and a bunch of other stuff...I'm pretty sure the same thing they did with Bradshaw. I don't know if he'll be top 100 or top 250 or what yet...have to wait and see where they put him after they look at the film etc etc etc...Garon continues to work out hard for next season in the mean time and that's all he's trying to focus on for now.

anyway...that's the latest on everything for those who have asked me for updates. grin.gif

You've got that right. in my oppinion he is one of the best backs grundy has had in the past decade. Hes better than hipps, and ranks right up there with the greatest of all time at grundy. I think that he will go to a big school and have an impact there.

[ QUOTE ]

i think you are right by saying one of the best backs to come out of grundy. I think he falls about 3rd on grundys list. 1 Cary Perkins

2 David scammel

3 either marcum or rutherford (toss UP)

[/ QUOTE ]

Junior Coleman is at the top...Cary is #2...Garon is #3...or at least thats where I would put them for now...Garon has a chance to move up the list though...he has better speed and moves than Cary for sure...plus he's never had the chance to get the ball 20 - 30 times a game like the others did...hopefully that will change this year. I told him as a 9th grader he could be the best if he takes advantage of what he has...I don't think anyone knows the speed the kid really has...you watch the film of the 02 Region IV game and see him as a 9th grader fly down the sideline on a nasty field untouched for about 90 + yards you'll get some idea...and btw...AB had an angle on him on that play and Marcum flat out just burned him on it.

That play was special...I think that showed all of the doubters what Garon had. He burnt AB, plain and simple. Oh yeah, does anybody remember the game against CC our Freshman year? In the 4th quarter, we were down by 14-0. Garon came back and scored 21 points by himself in something like 2:30. Plus the runs he had at Paintsville his Sophmore year, the ones where Aaron had literal kill blocks on poor LB's..lol

You know i remeber those games. Garon had a great fourth quarter in the cc game that year. and he also had some good runs against paintsville, where aaron absolutly leveled someone(i was right beside him when he did that and it was amazing from a first person view.) cool.gif

I forgot about junior coleman yeah i would pb rate him the best. David Scammel is definately in the mix. He had better numbers proabably than any of them. There has not been but about 5 palyers to rush for 2000 yards ever in southwest virginia. I think three of them has been from buchanan county. I definately think marcum could reach it this year if he has good line play

He will reach it. Ask Cotton, ask Lance, ask anyone, he will be hell on wheels this coming season. He is busting his ass in the weightroom right now, plus he has a head on his shoulders. If and I do mean if he gets 30 carries a game, he will eclipse the 2000 yard mark in the regular season. Possibly around game 8, and he will also break his own TD record, and the career rushing yardage record. He will be a force to contend with, line or no line...Look out!

Garon is not Superman...he can't do it by himself...he'll NEED good blocking and the chance to carry the ball...he needs to step up on and off the field and be a leader now...and he needs to keep his head straight...he won't have Aaron around next year at all and that's going to be a big thing in his life overall...those guys are very close...plus one injury can end it all...that's another reason the off season work is so important...I heard some new guys are showing up to work out now...I hope they stick with it.

For you Seniors to be...time to step up and take your place.

That is true Lance, he will need a line, and I am just trying to get the boys out to lift everyday..It will be even harder to get them out when it gets warmer. But we have some big kids out, just getting them to stick with it is what will be fun..lol..I think little Lee should be tough, Holden Raines has came a long way in a year, Charlie will be big, then you will have Andy and myself back. We should have a pretty good line, we will just have to be hitting on all cylinders, know each others tendancies, stuff like that..That was what we didn't get figured out till around Graham week this year. We should be a pretty good offensive team this year, but we will just have to wait and see.