A. Marcum

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Has he commited to a school yet? Or has he slimed it down to any. What about any other players in the area?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcum will probably never play above d 3 football. He could play at Concord or UVA-Wise, but d1.....not big enough or fast enough. Decent high school linebacker, could make an impact at Emory and Henry but If Mark Muncy decides to go there....Marcum would have a hard time getting on the field.

Are you high Tid bit? Marcum is not probably but is the best linebacker in SWVA, he just doesn't get the awards. He will play at least D-2, possibly D-1 if he spends a year at Hargrave, or I wouldnt be suprised to see him go to a Marshall or somewhere like that.

If Mark Muncey is so much better, go back to that Grundy film, who was in on more tackles? Muncey was decent, but no where near the same level as Aaron.

[ QUOTE ]

Are you high Tid bit? Marcum is not probably but is the best linebacker in SWVA, he just doesn't get the awards. He will play at least D-2, possibly D-1 if he spends a year at Hargrave, or I wouldnt be suprised to see him go to a Marshall or somewhere like that.

If Mark Muncey is so much better, go back to that Grundy film, who was in on more tackles? Muncey was decent, but no where near the same level as Aaron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Muncy played the Grundy game with a deep thigh bruise.He didnt even play offense. He is clearly on an even level w/ Marcum, I mean if the THS staff would have pumped his stats up as much over 4 years then all the talk on here would be of muncy.

Very true Tid Bit. Ive played againist both for three years now and Muncey is just as good as Marcum. Watch the game tape of Richlands and Tazewell this year, Muncey probally makes 75% of tghe tackles throught the first 3 quarters.

Marcum and Owens have both been approached by VMI and if all else fails they could both go there if they choose.

Marcum is still talking to SMU in Dallas, Marshall, Eastern KY, Morehead St., Cincinnati, Arkansas, and about 4 other schools...I doubt he will declare anything on signing day...probably won't know about him until May...keeping all options on the table and trying to find a fit for him as well as Owens together and Garon next year also...so there is more to it than what everyone thinks.

The Marcum brothers would like to continue to play together in the future...also Hargrave hasn't been ruled out either.

I think A. Marcum could play at VMI but could he juggle the other two stools? At VMI there is a three-legged stool Academics, Athletics, and Military. Just because VMI has approached you doesn't mean you're the top recruit on their list. You say in your post that if all else fails then he would go to VMI. Well I was on the phone with one of their coaches yesterday and asked if they were looking at anyone seriously down in this area and he said the only guy they were really looking at was some kid from Big Stone Gap (can't remember his name). I know a little bit about college recruiting and their not just going to wait around for someone to make a decision. If he waits til May then I would say any chances of him getting a full ride anywhere will be very slim... At the best he would get his tuition paid for.

He isn't looking for a full ride...there are a lot of things that you guys don't know all of the info on...and I'm not going to say anything beyond what I have said here...he has people looking at him and he doesn't really have to have a "full ride" to go play somewhere for a couple of reasons...there is a lot going on, I'm just saying if he doesn't sign something...or if Colby doesn't sign something in a couple of weeks don't assume the worst.

He's in a good position where he has some time to decide what he wants to do...it's a good thing...no hurry. As far as playing...the kid has a lot of heart and talent...wherever he goes, large school or small he will contribute and if it's a large school...probably spend a year getting bigger and faster...if it's a smaller school might step in right away and make an impact.

So anyway...don't get the rumor mills going one way or the other just yet...there is a lot to consider and he's taking his time and looking over all the options and will do what he thinks is best.

I'd guess Marcum and Owens will be playing somewhere next year...maybe not together? Maybe so? Who knows...they both have the talent to move on if they want to...you couldn't ask for two better football players in my book.

I would like to see both of them go to the next level and play and I hope they find their right fit... I wish them the best.

Danny Robinson you're in this mix as well.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Yes Danny Robinson could make it in the next level, but the question is does he want to?

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Biscuit any of ya'll being looked at by anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Travis,Cain, Jesse and I all took a trip down to Morehead St. to visit. I loved it down there. Also Ferrum and a couple other D-2 schools.

Mark Muncey was the leader of Tazewell's entire team. Ask anybody that played on the team. As far as being better than Aaron Marcum goes, I think Mark has the edge, 235 pound linebacker that runs a 4.6 40? Oh my.....Look for big things out of Mark Muncey at the next level. Same goes for Tazewell. They look to be a dominate force in Swva for a while.

[ QUOTE ]

Mark Muncey was the leader of Tazewell's entire team. Ask anybody that played on the team. As far as being better than Aaron Marcum goes, I think Mark has the edge, 235 pound linebacker that runs a 4.6 40? Oh my.....Look for big things out of Mark Muncey at the next level. Same goes for Tazewell. They look to be a dominate force in Swva for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

4.6???? Dont know bout that one.

Aaron Marcum is one of the best players i have ever played with or against. He has the heart and the talent to play d-2,or a d-1aa, and if he walks on, maybe a d-1 school. He deserves to go to a good school. Now, Mark Muncy, he is a good player, but nowhere near Aaron's calibur. I have played against him a few years and he was no problem for me to block. Especially in the 2003 game at grundy when we won 42-21. and i could barley block aaron in practice or scrimmage. And from my personal experiance aaron is the best linebacker in all of southwest virginia.

Aaron I hope you go to a good school, good luck in the future and maybe ill see ya around.

The way they time the "official" 40 times...I doubt it.

They don't time you on a track, they time you in grass on a practice field...the fastest Marcum ever clocked in at an "official" camp was a 4.78 (astroturf) in Cincinnati when he was at 231 pounds.

Just because you clock a 4.6 on the track at Tazewell being hand timed by your buddy or a coach, don't think you will go down and rip that off at an official camp...won't happen.

It's a funny thing to watch at the camps though...you'll see 4 kids start at the same time and one kid will beat the other one to the finish by 2 steps and get a slower time...and there is nothing you can do about it. Sad but true.

Side note: you can say you run a 4.40 but if it's not from a combine or camp the scouts don't believe it until they see it from an "official" source. To many kids have coaches telling them they run 4.4's.

run your 40's down the middle of the field and don't cheat on the time any at all and you'll get some idea as to what your "official" score will be...probably add +.05 to +.10 to what you get and you'll be close.

In other news...as of today you can add UK to the list of teams Aaron is talking with now.

I wish the richlands crew the best in finding a home also...they are all a good group of kids.