LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT GRAHAM

jeffro

Graham only loses 5 starters off this years team, and with tons of talent waiting to get on the field. Henry returns as the featured back, but 2 speedsters in carper and Brown are waiting in the wings and will get a lot of carries. The QB will be GREATLY improved with Workman {who should have started last yearbut i wont go there}. The O line will have to replace only one senior. Bovenizer will be back at tackle with Bradshaw on the other side. Robinson returns at center This will be a greatly improved offense and score a lot of points this season.

On defense the line is nearly intact but the linebacker spots will have to be filled. Carper will return as safety and looks be be a great one.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham only loses 5 starters off this years team, and with tons of talent waiting to get on the field. Henry returns as the featured back, but 2 speedsters in carper and Brown are waiting in the wings and will get a lot of carries. The QB will be GREATLY improved with Workman {who should have started last yearbut i wont go there}. The O line will have to replace only one senior. Bovenizer will be back at tackle with Bradshaw on the other side. Robinson returns at center This will be a greatly improved offense and score a lot of points this season.

On defense the line is nearly intact but the linebacker spots will have to be filled. Carper will return as safety and looks be be a great one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope they return all of their starters and they play just as well as they did this past season! smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Life without Bradshaw was not as good as all the Graham supporters thought it would be! hehe smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been better with someone else under center...

What about Graham's end positions???? They had a kid name moscow or something that played his sophmore year but didn't play his junior year. I don't know how well he gets along with the GHS coaches but i've also heard he is looking at Bluefield. He has a little bit of speed but exceptional hands and a 6'0 build. The other graham receceivers such as toothman, williams, etc. are all pretty small......if GHS can't pass the ball and have to rely on the run, it might be another long season for teh G-Men

I disagree about graham's other recievers being too small.

You don't have to be big to catch the ball, which most of these guys can, and as far as blocking goes, they have enough speed in the backfield to where the ends don't have to block long.

He finds a way to win with BRADSHAW? Truth is Carlock has been slippin' for years. You could tell it in the discipline his teams have had since he let Bradshaw walk all over him. Terrible thing to cash in all of years of discipline and respect for a few "W's" before you retire!

Who would they get to replace Carlock? It wouldn't be the same without looking on the opposite sidline and see the general standing there. He always puts a good team out there though, he knows how to use what he has..But does anyone think he will call it quits within the next couple of years?

lol..Carlock is my pick for the best Coach all time of SWVA football..He might not have the record of the guy from GC, or the state championships of Robbins, but he puts some tough, tough teams out there..They might not be good every year, but they will ALWAYS run downhill at you and ring your bell. Something that can not be said about that many teams

we'll take Carlock, the guys love him and he treats them like friends with mutual respect. I believe thats one of the reasons why his teams always play so hard for him.

No one around is any better

[ QUOTE ]

I love it when a Tazewell fan gets on here and talks trash about Graham. 1 winning season in the last 25 entitles you to talk trash? Of course, like the rest of his posts, Tid Bit shines! What a classy Guy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche'

Thanks but class needs no congratulations. You either got it or you don't. Hopefully we will bring our program up to the likes of the mighty Bluefield Beavers.