VT - Duke...

GMan

The officials took VT out of this game in the first three minutes...3 starters with 2 fouls each. Within next five minutes, the other two starters had two fouls and another starter who came back off the bench picked up #3. VT was called for 20 personal fouls and 2 technical fouls in the first half...Duke had a mere 8 fouls and Williams got away with murder. Duke shot 34 free throws in the first half. VT played almost 12 minutes of the first half without a starter in the game...King (a football player), Tucker (a walk-on), and Krabbendam (a kid from the Netherlands) got lots of playing time. VT was down 25 at the half.

Second half, VT started to make a bit of a comeback before Duke started making every 3-pointer they fired up. Carlos Dixon, VT's only senior, injured his arm and was taken for x-rays which came back negative and he returned to the game for about 30 seconds before calling it a night. Jamon Gordon fouled out with 12 minutes left in the game and Greenburg got hit with his second T with about 5 minutes to go...adios Coach. Duke ended up shooting 49 free throws, VT shot 23. Final score...Duke 100 VT 65.

It was a very physical game. King took an elbow to the face in the first half and got a cut on his cheek. Melonbelly, or whatever his name is for Duke, caught an elbow in the face from Deron Washington and ended up with a knot around his eye. Unbelievably, no fouls were called on either play.

On a lighter note, JJ Reddick missed THREE free throws in the first half...the most he has ever missed in a college game...way to go Hokies!!!

Even tho they lost they never did give up, and i think we have just saw the start of a lil rivalry comin on. Like Gman said it was very physical...one thing i thought brung Tech down was the fact they didnt shoot hardly any 3's in the 2nd half. Everyone saw how important Collins is to Tech too. Things look bright for the basketball program at tech...keep it up!

Just finished watching the game. All sheldon williams and jj. redick. Sheldon getting his 4th double double of the season in the "1st" half. and jj shooting treys from everywhere. And vt's coach getting his 2nd technical and having to go to the locker room. this game had a little of everything

By the way g-man its Lee Melchionni...

yeah the refs were bad but missing the 1st 5 shots i think wasnt much of a help. if tech wanted to go into cameron and come out with a win they had to play flawless and it just didnt happen that way. I really hope this doesnt get the hokies down and especially hope that Dixon isnt seriously hurt

[ QUOTE ]

Yea Reddick had sum long distance shots like way long distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the flordia state game when they played them at flordia state and he shot a 3 that if it was in cameron indoor it would have been close to the "COACH K" ...i think it was one of espn's top plays, like 4th or something like that

Next week when UNC travles down to Tallahassee to play the Semionals, thats going to be a very good game. For the reason that Florida State plays like a team when they want to... I mean after beating # 3 Wake Forest on January 18,i thought they were a continder for the ACC Championship. But they just play good when they want to it seems like

GMan, other Hokie fans, and Seth Greenberg welcome to the ACC. You saw last night in the first half was Dook is hated around the conference. I watched most of the first half, but got ill watching the one-sided officiating and had to turn it off. Tech was whistled for 15 fouls in the first 9:40 of the game! You've got to call fouls when they occur, but you better do it on both ends of the floor. You cannot call tic-tac fouls on one end and not call muggings on the other. I applaud Greenberg for lasting as long as he did. After that horrible intentional foul call in the first half on the VT player I would have blown up and been gone then.

[ QUOTE ]

Just finished watching the game. All sheldon williams and jj. redick. Sheldon getting his 4th double double of the season in the "1st" half. and jj shooting treys from everywhere. And vt's coach getting his 2nd technical and having to go to the locker room. this game had a little of everything

By the way g-man its Lee Melchionni...

[/ QUOTE ]

Williams should have been able to get a double-double, they let him get away with everything! He pushed off for rebounds, threw elbows everytime he had the ball in the paint, lowered his shoulders and ran over people driving to the basket. Duke needs to put this guy on the football team! The officiating was HORRIBLE...PERIOD!!!

That's what I said...Melonbelly.

[ QUOTE ]

GMan, other Hokie fans, and Seth Greenberg welcome to the ACC. You saw last night in the first half was Dook is hated around the conference. I watched most of the first half, but got ill watching the one-sided officiating and had to turn it off. Tech was whistled for 15 fouls in the first 9:40 of the game! You've got to call fouls when they occur, but you better do it on both ends of the floor. You cannot call tic-tac fouls on one end and not call muggings on the other. I applaud Greenberg for lasting as long as he did. After that horrible intentional foul call in the first half on the VT player I would have blown up and been gone then.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what kind of cheese should i suggest to go with all of this whine? A nice sharp chedder or a mellow colbyjack. Both excellent choices. grin.gif