Grundys New Coach???

Mouse

they should try to get Bill Christian, since he was the one that led Grundy JV to an undefeated season a few years back. the kids he had, just happen to be seniors right now. i would like to see him move up and find a good assistant. hopefully, they can do the same in varsity as they did in JV.

i wouldn't mind seeing Church and Rowe/Compton take over the BBall program...I think Church has a lot of things he could offer and is a no BS type of guy which the program needs and Rowe/Compton are both long time coaches that could help put the program back on track...assuming they wanted to...if any of those 3 wants it I would not hesitate to throw them in to the fire.

If not, please get someone out of KY...the quality of coaches around here in this area is a joke.

[ QUOTE ]

If not, please get someone out of KY...the quality of coaches around here in this area is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like the quality of fans and their expectations for hoops teams in swva that are obviously inferior to the piedmont and other regions.

Well, I could see Coach Rowe as our coach. I think he would get all the players respect but i've never been involved with him in basketball.

Im sure they will try to stay within the school and fill the spot. That has been an issue the last several years. But I wish they would consider other people.

Another name to throw out there that I think would be a good fit is James Colley from Haysi. Jake is going to be graduating this year so he doesnt have anymore to see through and he has coached me, theo, and stephen so he is familiar with some of the team. But I dont see this happening either.

Colley would be a great coach for them, maybe he would consider it since jacob is gone but who knows, if KT was still at grundy he would be a great choice as well, he did some great jobs with AAU teams KT was on

From what I hear, the Marion Hurricanes are in much the same straits as you guys. Their coach does the same thing for practice that Stretch did - just throw the balls out there and let the guys scrimmage. Which should mean that with a little structure and re-dedication you guys should be able to contend for your district's title once again.

You guys can have Tom Rife. Two players from the team have told me that he told them that this was his last year and he was calling it quits.

He is the quality coach you guys have been missing. crazy.gif

ROTFLAMO grin.gifgrin.gif

James would be an excellent fit and he is due for a head coaching job...he would more than likely also want a spot on the football staff as well to get him over...

James knows his game...and he's family..so that'd make me happy to see him take over the program

Goodman wont come (he'll win 1 more year where hes at then maybe move to the girls).. they wont hire someone from KY either...Church or Christian might be the logical men. Then, David Peck is moving along pretty good.. He had an undefeated girls JV squad this past season... He might be in line. And is a home town fellow!

James Colley is a big piece of the pie at Haysi.. He probably has to much time invested in his retirement in Dickenson Co. to consider coming to Grundy. Plus, hes a head football coach, does track and ?? what else. But, football is his love! Being an assistant in someone elses system might be hard!! Mr. Colley for sure is A#1.

Just some more thoughts... lol... who knows...Time will tell!! lol

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like we'll have to find another name instead of Rife's Raiders. Could be worse Carmen Bennett could be taking over lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout "Carmens Creampuffs"LOL

i guess he was the coach...but i don 't think that david peck would be able to get it done in the boys varsity level...he did good with the jv girls, but those girls have been playin together since kindergarden...i would like to see Christian do it... grin.gif