Pruett retires?

90bhsgrad

Im very disapointed to see him retire. He was a excellent coach at Marshall. I remember when I was 7 or 8 i was able to meet him because my step-dad used to be pretty good friends with him. He is a excellent coach and even a better person. I wish him luck in the near future

[ QUOTE ]

I just saw on the bottom line on Cold Pizza that Bob Pruett retires. Does anyone know anything about this? Just wondering since its really out of the blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to be a major story under the surface here. Nobody "retires" right before the opening of spring practice.

[ QUOTE ]

i really hope it isnt anything that would tarnish his legacy, hes built Marshall from nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he won the Division 2 national championship in 1996 then he brought them up to d-1 football. He produced Randy Moss and Byron Leftwich, 2 excellent players in the NFL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i really hope it isnt anything that would tarnish his legacy, hes built Marshall from nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he won the Division 2 national championship in 1996 then he brought them up to d-1 football. He produced Randy Moss and Byron Leftwich, 2 excellent players in the NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you can't forget Chad Pennington. If the Jets had a kicker they would have played for the AFC Championship.

He says in the Charleston Gazzette that the reasons were (1) that he is 61 and he figures he only has 10 more good years to live and he wants to spend it with his grand kids and (2) that by resigning so close to Spring practice, his staff will continue to have a job. If he had quit earlier he thought that Marshall would have dismissed some members of his coaching staff and he wanted them to be able to continue to coach this season.

[ QUOTE ]

I hear his health conditions aren't so great.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's specifically what I'm wondering about now. Although obviously that's a very personal matter that's none of my business.

It's unfortunate regardless of the reasons for the move, IMO.