Our Second SWVA Football game! March 27th - 3PM

Lance

***Scheduled for 3PM SUNDAY March 27th at the SVCC Field behind the college***

*This may change if we can't get the field reserved*

Ok guys...we had a lot of fun last time, so we are doing it again!

Don't miss yet another great chance to go out and have some fun and interact with some of the local SWD kids we all enjoy watching play on Friday nights and some of the guys who post here on a regular basis.

This is just for fun, anyone can play, it's simple two hand touch school yard football...we don't want anyone to get hurt or any fights or anything like that...so if you want to have some fun then come on down!

We will split up teams depending on how many show up and we will try to group people in same age/skill rage as best as possible.

Or if you just want to watch and hang out and meet everyone...that's fine to! I'll probably play a game or two and call it a day. The main idea is just to get everyone together and have fun. We have enough room to have at least 2 games going on at once if we can get enough people to show up.

Last time it was great seeing kids from Grundy and Richlands playing on the same team and hanging out together just having fun and playing a little school yard football...that's what it is all about...and as you can see, anyone who went last time is ready to go again this time! So please join us and you will have a blast...

I'll be bringing some bottled water and some snacks, if anyone else wants to bring anything thats cool...if not that's cool to...you don't have to.

Afterwards (probably when it gets dark 630pm or so) we will be going to Pizza Hut in Richlands for anyone who wants to join us.

college is getting the field ready for soccer so we may have to make a change...should know in a couple of days...Todd is checking on it for us...anyone know of a back up place in case the college is not an option?

Popalar Gap could be a place Lance, but everyone would have to drive to Grundy. Nobody is using their football field, and it is usally in pretty decent shape, plus they have bleachers, and we wouldn't have to make any arrangements, and if the weather gets bad, they always have a couple shelters we could hang out in...Just a suggestion.

yeah poplar gap park has a pretty nice football field and it is free to use for anyone. like i sadi earlier, i play on it all the time, since i only live 15 minutes away from it. its a pretty good place. free to everyone.

Since that day is Easter, maybe the date might oughta be changed as well. I probably wouldn't have any problem making it but I'd say there will be a lot of family get-togethers.

It might be better to play it the next week since Daylight Savings Time starts on the first Sunday in April I do believe. And well if the game is at 3pm, that'd just mean an extra hour of playing, and maybe a possible cookout afterwards if the weather is nice?

Just a suggestion, don't take what I say as written in stone. smile.gif

Well yeah, I'd like a couple more weeks on the treadmill too to get better conditioned this time, lol. crazy.gif

still waiting for Todd to get back to me about the field...might have to call it off and reschedule as it's looking, SVCC is getting the field ready for soccer frown.gif

I'll try to find out by tomorrow and send out another email.