Bluefield gets the #4 seed will face Braxton

Bluefield_Rules

im very much considering a trip in for the tourney, if everything falls into place, ill be there..considering i lived outside of charleston for 7 yrs, it'd be nice to see my beloved Beavers take the title and see some old friends..now lets Go Beavers !!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i drove , i think it was 1500 miles total to see the Beavers win it all in Wheeling so if things work out, you know ill drive to Charleston so see em hopefully win another title

[ QUOTE ]

i drove , i think it was 1500 miles total to see the Beavers win it all in Wheeling so if things work out, you know ill drive to Charleston so see em hopefully win another title

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll have to go through Weir first Tom, and I think it won't be the outcome you're hoping for haha!!!! ooo.gif

Yea, it will be a hard task to beat weir, but its not impossible....Scoring 2 touchdowns in 2 minutes 28 seconds isint impossible either... grin.gif

But to be honest with you, im more worried about getting past braxton and westside right now.

one game at a time, and if the Beavs take care of business and Weir just so happens to fall into place for them, then they can focus on breakin hearts up north once again...Go Beavers

[ QUOTE ]

one game at a time, and if the Beavs take care of business and Weir just so happens to fall into place for them, then they can focus on breakin hearts up north once again...Go Beavers

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that. If we get to meet Bluefied in the championship, you'll be taking home the runner-up trophy back to Bluefield!!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thats why you think...

I see differently, i see a long ride back to weirton in your future!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, we'll see. WHEN we beat you, if you get to the championship, I'm acting wild at the Civic Center b/c of all the stuff I had to hear about football this year. You guys can sign the state championship shirt after i get it!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thats why you think...

I see differently, i see a long ride back to weirton in your future!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, we'll see. WHEN we beat you, if you get to the championship, I'm acting wild at the Civic Center b/c of all the stuff I had to hear about football this year. You guys can sign the state championship shirt after i get it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude why would you want to get a State Championship shirt when it is going to say "Bluefield 2005 AA State Champions"

wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

That is, if you get there too!

Which i doubt will happen...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, all I have to say is we'll see. How can you say that when you've never seen Weir play. They are AAAA OVAC champs and have an impressive 18-6 record. In our divsion in the OVAC, there are teams like Steubenville Big Red(OH), Brooke(AAA) who beat Park, John Marshall(AAA), Beaver Local(OH), and Park just to name a few. Those are all quality teams and we are the CHAMPIONS, so I wouldn't take Weir lightly.

[ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you all seeded 6th????

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea other than they never give any teams from up North any respect. We were seeded 5th in the football playoffs and everyone knows we were much better than that seeding. Like I said, you'll be suprised w/ Weir's team!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you all seeded 6th????

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea other than they never give any teams from up North any respect. We were seeded 5th in the football playoffs and everyone knows we were much better than that seeding. Like I said, you'll be suprised w/ Weir's team!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot argue bias in the football playoff seedings, period. It's a formula based on wins over quality opponents. There is no bias in the system other than possibly awarding more points for beating bigger classification schools. The fact is had Weir taken care of its regular season business, like Bluefield and Wayne did, then Weir would have been the #2 seed over Wayne. They didn't take care of their business though and was dealt the seed they received based on the point system. There was no bias.

Furthermore, seeding for the basketball tournament was based on the coaches of the final 16 teams in each class casting a ballot. Each coach ranked the other 15 teams, they couldn't vote for their own team, in order 1-15 based on they felt they stacked up. Then, each team had their highest, or one of their highest votes dropped, and their lowest, or one of their lowest votes dropped.

In such a format the "North" and the "South" had equal representation b/c each region had two coaches vote on the seeding. And because of the way the regions breakdown there are four "North" regions and four "South" region, so Weir only getting the sixth seed cannot be blamed on "southern bias." Here's is a link to the SSAC website on how the voting broke down for each team in each class.

im not wanting to get grin.gif ahead of myself here, i said earlier..ONE GAME AT A TIME...if my Beavers make it to the title game..GREAT, if they dont, then they gave it a great run, im proud either way, but i really do not see a team that Blfd cannot beat IF they play Blfd ball and control things but one bad game and you can be out of the tourney and ive seen crazy things happen, so lets just seee who makes it to the big game...and lets hope Weir gets knocked out in rnd 1...id hate for those good people to get their hopes up AGAIN...hahahaah

[ QUOTE ]

and lets hope Weir gets knocked out in rnd 1...id hate for those good people to get their hopes up AGAIN...hahahaah

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, keep thinking that and it will be a dissapointing loss at the hands of the Red Riders. The arrogance will make the victory that much better.