----Honorable Mention-----

Jake Remines-Graham

Omar Reed-Tazewell

Chad Skaggs-Lee

Cory Schleginger-Carrol Co.

Clay Guinn-Carrol Co.

---Player of the Year>>>>Durron Mitchell

---Coach of the Year>>>>Sam Blevins

Man not knocking Israel but how in the world did he get 2nd team? Ole well comes with the territory, grats to the rest of the field. Did V-High even make it to their tourney or what ever? Still no hate just asking....

Man not knocking Israel but how in the world did he get 2nd team? Ole well comes with the territory, grats to the rest of the field. Did V-High even make it to their tourney or what ever? Still no hate, just asking....

[ QUOTE ]

Man not knocking Israel but how in the world did he get 2nd team? Ole well comes with the territory, grats to the rest of the field. Did V-High even make it to their tourney or what ever? Still no hate, just asking....

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't V-High beat Tazewell a couple of times this season? confused.gif

didnt mean to post twice.... anyways yea we LOSS twice once by 2 and then 3 but L is a L and W is a W. I played against them and noone stood out to be notified in Regions. Well good for him, but question is still not answered...did they make to postseason action?

Nope....they lost to Abingdon in the first round of the district tournament. Marion and Abingdon advanced to Region. I believe Virginia High's only wins in district were against Marion once and the game near the end of the season against Abingdon.

Well V-High gave Abingdon their 1st loss our 2nd--Gman said they lost to Oak Hill but didnt count cause of charity game. I would have like to see Durron Mitchell play... Is he a guard or what? Hes Player of the Year so I know hes got skills.

I was just as shocked as everyone else on here to see Shankel from VHS made second team all region. He was a decent player but there were many more deserving people in this region that should have gotten that spot.

yea...he basically ran the point for martinsville in their 3-guard set. he averaged just shy of 20 points per game. he's around 5'10-5'11, but not very stout. he has a very nice touch on his outside shot...and absolutely unbelievable range. he routinely made 23-25 footers look effortless.

I got to see Mitchell first hand and he is a very gifted shooter. He is what most Piedmont teams over the years have been missing, a zone buster. Doesnt look to take his game in the paint often but doesnt really need to. Not a cocky player either. Just takes care of business and goes home.

Wait a minute! Your list names Abingdon coach Sam Blevins as Region IV Coach of the Year, while on VaPreps Martinsville's Troy Wells is the Region IV COY. Who is correct? By the way, congratulations, Theo.