• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He lit your secondary up last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he lit up the the JV secondary, not the first team because they were on the sidelines watching...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that JV secondary he lit up last year will be Bluefield's STARTING secondary this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that jv secondary will not be the starting secondary this year

Two of the kids, juniors, that played in the secondary and got burnt numerous times last year in mop-up duty will not be starting in the secondary this year I'll guarantee that. They don't have the height or the speed necessary to play the position against another team's first string offense.

I just don't see Graham winning this game unless Bluefield allows them to. The talent in Bluefield, VA is probably at an all-time low right now and unless the freshman class blows our minds (which I doubt they would have the physicality or mental edge to do even if they were above average) this game is in the hands of Bluefield.

An all time low? My god we had one down year. And a losing record would have been prevented if we would have started the best players, namely at QB. I remember us Graham fans being pretty full of ourselves a couple of years ago when we beat you guys for a couple of years. Seems the shoe is on the other foot now. What you have at Graham high school is a bunch of guys pissed and embarassed at what happened last year. They will not allow that to happen again. And face the facts here, you guys basically lost every player of major importance from last year, while Graham lost a few it was nobody that anyone will miss except for maybe Elwsick or Henderson. I think it is about equal footing in talent, it's just a matter of who wants it more. I guess we will find that out in August............

[ QUOTE ]

I think it is about equal footing in talent,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats sad when we lose like 10 players and they lose 2, its still going to be considered "equal footing"..

But i guess we'll find out about 7:30 on august 26th

I still really dont know who our QB is going to be

nor our running backs. But i herd jon payne, big allen carter( nobody realized in 7 and 8th grade he played RB and scored atleast 30 touchdowns each seasom. i mean he would literally run over people). and mason duncan will probly play at the half back posistion...and if Jerome Powell isint QB he'll play at RB also

Where's the transfers when you need em'?

lol grin.gif

never to early to speculate, and as with anything else only time will really tell. But 1 thing I've talked with a coach about, and something I've thought also, is that bluefield should have a more sizeable line with this group than in previous seasons.

My instincts tell me this will be more of a reloading season "talent wise" than a rebuilding 1. As mentioned, experience will be a big factor and how they play as a team will of course be another big factor. They should be a team that is considerably stronger towards the end of the season than is common for improvements.

My guess is that bluefield will also only have an 8 game schedule.

Your right, we do look to have a bigger line...

But im still not sure at all who we be playing alot of posistions this coming season. I mean who is going to take the place of the seirs twins, morris, coppoloa and all the others? Very intrested to find out..

Maybe mike crockett will get to start...lol grin.gif

I don't care what anyone says. A Freshman or soph. as QB in that game is to much pressure. I've yet to see one have a good game and lead his team to victory. BHS tried Harmon in 91' and he didn't have a very good game. Betts came in and threw the TD. Actually I can't even think of another QB that started in "THE GAME" that wasn't a junior or senior and even for those guys it's alot of pressure. Coeburn may have started as a soph. I'm just not sure.

Last time I checked, the winner of a game was based on the number of points on the scoreboard, not talent or experience. While those two things are good to have, they don't guarantee you a win. If you don't believe me, ask the 2001 Graham team.