a possibility for a 9th game for bluefield?

buzzsawBeaver

no talks, at least not that I know of, "only" common dates between bluefield and moorfield, from the wvssac site,

Bluefield has openings on the 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 11th play dates for 2005.

Moorefield HS needs 2 games for 2005. Dates are 9/9, 9/30, 11/4.

seems there's 2 dates they could schedule games for, 09 -the 9th and 11 - 04.

I read someone from moorfield's comments on the tri state wv football messaqge board about how there are few teams that are willing to schedule them so they only have 9 games themselves.

They have a respectable program even if they are a. Would be better than 8 games for certain.

Moorefield, despite being Class A, usually produces a better team than a good number of the AAA and AA programs on a yearly basis. When it looked as Moorefield would be moved to AA before the new classifications were released last spring I had heard there was contact between the two about a possible series.

There are a number of athletic conference around the state, which are just like Virginia's district system. I'm against Bluefield joining a conference b/c I don't like the mandatory scheduling that would accompany such a move. Yeah, it would be nice not to have to worry about getting 10 games each year, BUT it would be horrible to be forced to play some of the weak AA schools in the region. You don't improve by beating up on the weak competition and it certainly doesn't prepare you for the playoffs.

I recall that BR, at the time some even suggested it was done. Not certain if that had to do with their expectations to move up or not though.

But agree based on their quality that would be a good team to schedule.

If the distance is to much, they could inquire about scheduling a game at james madison, it's what, 3 or 3 1/2 hours from here, 2 or 2 1/2 from there, turf field, and they wouldn't have a game on a friday night, they could do 50 50 for the gate.

hhstigerfan, some areas do have conferences in wv, princeton just signed on with the big and tough aaa conference, and there's a aa conference in the charleston area, but overall, there simply doesn't seem to be enough teams in certain areas to have districts or conferences, a lot less schools in wv than va., and alot of these teams, such as bluefield, have scheduled a lot of out of state teams for decades.

There are enough aa teams for a southern aa conference anymore, and people write about s possibility from time to time on here, especially with iaeger and big creek consolidating. But in my opinion, even with bluefield having a harder time scheduling 10 games in some seasons, they'd still likely be better off in no conference themselves, where they could maintain their strength of schedule.

matching dates would be 09/09/05 or 09/30/05.

MOOREFIELD

1 08/26/05 H FRANKFORT

2 09/02/05 A KEYSER

3 09/09/05 OPEN

4 09/16/05 H ALLEGANY, MD

5 09/23/05 H TUCKER CO.

6 09/30/05 OPEN

7 10/07/05 H BEALL, MD

8 10/14/05 A EAST HARDY

9 10/21/05 A PETERSBURG

10 10/28/05 H PENDLETON CO.

11 11/04/05 A WAHAMA

any more cause Moorefield has found a 10th game for the date of 09/09/05.

MOOREFIELD

08/26/05 H FRANKFORT

09/02/05 A KEYSER

09/09/05 A BOONSBORO, MD

09/16/05 H ALLEGANY, MD

09/23/05 H TUCKER CO.

09/30/05 OPEN

10/07/05 H BEALL, MD

10/14/05 A EAST HARDY

10/21/05 A PETERSBURG

10/28/05 H PENDLETON CO.

11/04/05 A WAHAMA