Randall still living in Vick's shadow...

Not forever..this will be his chance to audition for other teams..because sure as the world..Vick will take off running and get hurt, and this is where Randall can step in and show what hes got and maybe get traded to another team on down the line.

Yeah Schaub he is a decent Qb, but I think Randall is a smarter, more mobile Qb, and seeing as the Falcons Offensive playbook is built completely around a mobile Qb, I see Randall fitting in as a much more safe back-up for Vick.

The Falcons run a West Coast offense (something Schaub is well suited for) that has wrinkles put in for Vick. Randall will battle Detmer for the 3rd string job. He has a good chance to win it because he's a lot cheaper than Detmer. Schaub's job as #2 is safe for the time being.

It will take a little while. Schaub has a year on him in that system plus he ran the West Coast at UVA. I do think Randall's toughness and character will keep him around as an NFL backup for a long time though.

[ QUOTE ]

As a rookie last year in preseason, Schaub ran the offense pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he did, BUT who was he playing against in those games? The guys just like himself, second stringers and guys trying to make an NFL roster. He's a solid QB, but if Vick goes down the Falcons are screwed just like the year before last...

I agree the team wont be as good if Vick goes down, im just saying that Schuab did a good job when given the opportunity last season during the preseason. If Randall comes out and plays well during the preseason this year im sure that will be posted also.

[ QUOTE ]

If Randall comes out and plays well during the preseason this year im sure that will be posted also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it would, and I'll post the same thing reminding people who he'd be playing against in a preseason game. Both quarterbacks have their strengthens and weaknesses, neither is ready to be a starting QB in the NFL. Schuab isn’t all that mobile and if you watched any Atlanta games recently then you know that not being mobile is bad with that OL. Vick doesn’t scramble for fun, most of the time he’s scrambling out of necessity. However, Schuab is a pretty solid passer. On the other hand, Randall struggles to consistently hit the long-ball, but he has improved from where he was two years ago. Unlike Schuab though, Randall is a very capable scrambler.

Who was the better college QB? Randall. Whose a better fit as an NFL QB? Schuab because he's the better and more consistent passer. However, Randall can become a better passer with the right coaching. You cannot really help or teach a QB to become more mobile and a playmaker with his legs.

Ok, the person who said Randall is smarter isn't that accurate.... Schaub graduated in his 3rd year I believe, and he had a 70% completion percentage, which is 2nd highest to Phillip Rivers I believe. I think Schaub did good also when Vick was out.

This is from "House Joint Resolution #902" commending Bryan Randall.

"WHEREAS, an excellent student, Bryan Randall graduated in three years with a degree in sociology and earned an $18,000 post-graduate scholarship from the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame as part of the 2004 National Scholar-Athlete Class; now, therefore, be it"

Bryan made some mistakes in a few games where he would try to force a pass and get picked. That might have made him seem "dumb" to some people but he was just trying to win.