Desmond Howard is the NCAA 06' coverboy

That is so stupid, I would rather get one with Kirk Morrison, who I wanted the Saints to get... It really shoulda been DJ, Leinhart, Mike Williams, or Braylon

[ QUOTE ]

That is so stupid, I would rather get one with Kirk Morrison, who I wanted the Saints to get... It really shoulda been DJ, Leinhart, Mike Williams, or Braylon

[/ QUOTE ]

It Couldnt have been Leinhart, Im pretty sure They cant license someone that is still in college, because that takes away their 'amateur status' thats why they always put someone that graduated or left the year eariler. Put I think the best choice shouldve been Cadillac, or Benson.

i'm glad to see it and hopefully they continue to pay tribute to those that made college football so great. besides, Desmond is the man... and the reason that i became a Michigan fan in the 1st place. maybe that autographed Michigan helmet will go up in value - but it'll stay right in my display case with the others.

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is stupid. I liked it better when it had a standout player from last season. Rather than 10 seasons ago...

What do yall think about him being on the cover?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're going retro, O.J. Simpson would've been a better choice.

They said the most of the reason that did that was because of the new feature " race for the heisman" where you start off in high school and do drills and you get viewed by colleges and all that stuff. and if you dont get a Scholarship. You can walk on and all that stuff

and they said the reason they did that was because he posed for the heisman when he scored a TD one game and he went on to win that game and the heisman...

he didn't strike the pose in just any 'ol game... it was THE GAME -- MICHIGAN Vs. ohio state. he ran a punt back for touchdown to win the game and propel him to the Heisman. that was a great moment!!! i've got the picture of him doing it in my signature on tristate preps (now if i could just remember my password over there...)

[ QUOTE ]

he didn't strike the pose in just any 'ol game... it was THE GAME -- MICHIGAN Vs. ohio state. he ran a punt back for touchdown to win the game and propel him to the Heisman. that was a great moment!!! i've got the picture of him doing it in my signature on tristate preps (now if i could just remember my password over there...)

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sniff, sniff* How sweet....lol wink.gif

I think the reason they've done that is due to the new NCAA regulations that don't allow video game makers to use the name or likeness of NCAA players anymore. You will notice the changes when the new games come out...

Some more "nazi-type" regulations passed by the NCAA just recently in regards to amaturism of student-athletes. It was in a story on ESPN not long ago, may try to search their website or the NCAA website for the new rules...

• 2 weeks later...

This site shows some running plays from the new game...

Dont worry if some dude starts singin on it!...lol

thats just the beginning, but from this site the running game looks sick!!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/ncaafootball2006/media.html

and here is some screen shots from the game

http://www.maddennation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28604&page=1&pp=15

[ QUOTE ]

Im more of a ncaa fan myself. But i say Madden will be pretty good also, it usually comes out at middle/end of august

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't bought a Madden game since the very first one for the PS2. Although, someone did buy the 2005 verison for me last Christmas. I'm many times over more a fan of NCAA football than Madden.

[ QUOTE ]

If they're going retro, O.J. Simpson would've been a better choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just give him the that black glove that dosen't fit and a white Ford Bronco, and he'll be ready to go.

I' m sorry, I just couldn't resist. laugh.gif