Bluefield's 2005 Football Schedule:

Bluefield_Rules

hey, at least we get a home and away with Graham. haha but ya know what i'm thinking? since 2 Beaver/Graham games in season is totally breaking the mold, then why don't we switch it up and swap sidelines? have the home team actually sit in the home bleachers? that would make another twist.

[ QUOTE ]

hey, at least we get a home and away with Graham. haha but ya know what i'm thinking? since 2 Beaver/Graham games in season is totally breaking the mold, then why don't we switch it up and swap sidelines? have the home team actually sit in the home bleachers? that would make another twist.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the plan actually. Bluefield will be on the AWAY side for the 2nd game I am told.

[ QUOTE ]

hat is the plan actually. Bluefield will be on the AWAY side for the 2nd game I am told.

[/ QUOTE ]

As i brought up that idea to one of my friends in school today. he said " It will be a cold day in hell"....lol

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield will scrimmage Point Pleasant on August 18th, a Thursday, at 7:00 PM @ Laidley Field in Charleston.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense gobigblacks, but that news really disappoints me. I'd prefer scrimmaging a heavyweight in the state or Virginia much like Pulaski County last year. Does anyone know who the other scrimmage will be against? Someone said Beckley a couple of months ago, but I was looking at the Beckley website the other day and we aren't listed as one of their scrimmage opponents.

Well, i'd rather us scrimmage someone else as well. We actually do have a lot coming back on defense, just lost two key players, just no offense returning. No clear cut guys right now at the tailback and fullback position. Could be any number of guys, as many as 4 carrying the ball every game.

We scrimmaged Ironton last year, which was nothing but a death sentence and we were lucky to get out of there without many injuries, so going from Ironton to Bluefield is better for us. We had ZERO business on the field with them but, when the team you scrimmaged for years (Saint Albans) cancels on you, guess you have to do what you can.

I'd rather us scrimmage one of the Ohio teams across the river from us, or even have a grid-o-rama with Wahama and Hannan, but, that will never happen.

Just gotta deal with what you can get I guess.

Oh yeah, read on the ezboard b-ball board about your good news. Congrats.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, read on the ezboard b-ball board about your good news. Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, I appreciate it.

When is the new turf and other upgrades to Laidley Field going to occur? It would be cool if the teams got to scrimmage on newly installed Field Turf at Laidley.

And hey, at least you guys will scrimmage us. We're having a hard enough time trying to fill out the regular season schedule. So from that standpoint I appreciate the fact that PP agreed to the scrimmage.

When is the new turf and other upgrades to Laidley Field going to occur? It would be cool if the teams got to scrimmage on newly installed Field Turf at Laidley.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It is suppose to be done before the start of this season. So I bet you two schools get to play on the new turf. You might actually be the first two, cause the MSAC Grid-A-Rama isn't until that weekend.

Here's a little bit of info on the renovations to Laidley Field:

http://www.wvgazette.com/section/Sports/2005052160

This weekend, Laidley Field was the site of the state track meet. This coming week, Laidley will become a site of construction.

According to Lou Ann Lanham, equipment will be moved to the field Thursday to begin work on the new locker room/training room/coaches office ordered by the University of Charleston. The project will cover 6,000 square feet. Digging will begin on May 31.

Upon completion of the locker room, crews will begin building the skybox/VIP lounge.

The resurfacing of the football field will begin June 20, right after the North-South football game. That project won’t be finished until July 24, a week prior to high school football practice.