Who got the team awards in Grundy?

GrundyWinsAll

I dont know, i was gonna go and see who i pass the vanmeter award to, but me ride didnt show. im sad, lol, but i want to know. i think aaron will get the mrv award and garon will get mvp. thats what i think should happen but you never know.

daggone man, thats a welcome supprise, im glad me good ole buddy breck won it, would have been a pleasure to have seen it but oh well, and congrads to arron. who elso won the awards?

Yeah congrads to Breck but he better not go to Berea where that money wont do him any good.

Yeah that MVP award solidifies my wishes that Garon went to Richlands. As long as Plymal calls the plays he will never get the carries but when Rowe called them good players would get rewarded carries like Scammel and the other backs who had good seasons at grundy. So next year Garon will get about 10 carries a game and theo will force throws to Baker and throw to spots. And end around to Bronson for 2 yards. Gonna be a long season if something doesnt change.

Coach Rowe please take the playcalling duties again!

Why dont you and Lance call the coaches and tell them not to play me a QB ill be gladly to play DB or sit on the side lines and just watch the games-Garon play. I never wanted to be QB thats were I was put. Every game last season if we won everything was alright Theo played alright but if we lost we had no passing game tonight had to throw to spots couldnt hit Baker down the middle. We need a tall QB someone over 6 foot who can throw it 70 yards! Everything came back to me but thats ok it doesnt bother me. Tell the coaches to find someone tall that can throw and run maybe they'll listen to ya. Just wounderin who do you want or think should be QB?

Hey Theo man...I have not said anything bad about you at all...hope you don't think I have. All I know is that you have been running under pressure a lot because of certain situations...I thought you showed a lot of maturity last year in particular. I have never blamed you for anything and you don't call the plays...so I hope you don't think I'm bad mouthing you at all, because I'm not.

That said, I do think we got away from throwing to Ashby and Baker over the middle for whatever reason... don't know why. I think Baker has the ability to be an all state TE if they could get him the ball more....and Ashby, with a year of playing time under his belt now should be a lot better for next year...he has great size and speed and should be a good target.

Garon needs 25 carries minimum a game and you need to quit taking sacks. YOu do it and you know you do it. You can watch the film and see you have time to throw it away. When you are at your best you throw it deep. You do great when you keep it in bounds deep and do not take sacks. I dont care who is in at qb and for what team if I sit down and watch Tom Brady let people sack him I will not want him running the show either. So you quit doing that and your fine. Think about it its 2nd and 5 and you have time to throw it away and dont and take a 10 yard loss on a sack its 3rd and 15 now the odds of a first down went from about 50% to about 10%.

I never said anything personally about you in my post except that you dont need to be forcing throws. If baker or your other options arent open you gotta get rid of it or at least try to go forward for yardages. You can play the point so I know you can run forward. Just do that. Get 2 yards instead of losing 10. Its all numbers man. Just do positive things with the ball.

You are a senior and you lost a lot of players on defense so you have more responsibility and have to be your best this year more than ever. Its not so much you as it is the playcalling man.

FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT SEE GRUNDY/VA HIGH GAME. OUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR(if thats what you can call him) called a hb toss pass on VA highs 5 yard line. so five yards to force a pass in with 11 defenders in such a small area. Chimpo the Chimp could have picked a better play than that to call.

I thought Theo matured a lot last year in the sack dept. as far as that goes...I watch a lot of film myself and that's one thing that I noticed in particular he did better this past year vs. 2 years ago. I also think he learned a lot about forcing throws, in the Graham game last year I think he had a couple of situations where he would have probably thrown an INT the year before but was able to move out and hold the ball a little longer and complete the pass as the play developed....or at least that's the way I see it.

As for the play calling, you know those guys read here and you probably aren't doing Garon any favors by saying this stuff...just a thought.

I don't think there is any way you can "set" a number of carries a back has, by saying he needs to have at least "x" amount of carries before a game...yeah it would be nice to see him get 30-40 a game with a good line, but the coaches will have to make that call during the game...and once they see what the overall strong points of the team are...which Garon is deffinatly one of the strong points...Baker, Bronson, Ashby, Theo, the pending arrival of a couple of new kids that didn't play last year, most importantly with the last name Owens...are also going to be strong points on next years team...Grundy can't be one sided and will have to pass the ball around, hopefully they can include Garon in the passing game more because I think that's where he is moestly under used to date....I also think Ashby will be set for a good year.

The main thing is protection, and Theo hasn't had it...last years line did not do a great job of giving him time to throw...most of the time he was running for his life...as was Garon...how many times did we see him hit behind the line and have enough speed to get to the corner and break a big run? Hopefully they will have a better O-Line next year...if so that will balance things out a lot. I don't agree with all of the play calling choices that have been made on offense, I doubt any fan does for any team...who knows why they call what they call? I'm sure they have some sort of reason for picking the plays they pick...and when things go good you look like a genius, when they go bad you are the goat...part of the game.

But as far as what you, or me, or anyone else says...doesn't matter...they are still going to do what they want...you are not going to change it or make it any better by saying stuff like that...if anything you are just making it harder for Garon in the long run...and you know as well as I do things are already hard enough as it is.

As for throwing the ball away...that's good advice...if no one is open or the blitz is to hot, dump it. tongue.gif

Ah if they wanna go 0-10 thats their business. I just want them to win. How could they hurt Garon anymore? They give away all his carries to someone who doesnt want to play at the next level, they dont give him any awards, they never throw to him, we see a deep bomb he catches for 80 yard touchdown and the play is never run again, no screens. My god the only way else they can hurt his chances is to put him on the sideline. Oh I forgot that happened for about two games when they thought Broson was a better returner than him. Aaron had to go to an NAIA school after giving his heart and soul for 3 years. Yet Ringstaff and Muncy are getting walk on invites. So your telling me aaron couldnt play for a D2 team? No way! So whats the worst that can happen to Garon?He end up doing the same?Probably gonna happen. SO I wont hurt anything.

I might catch a game or two next year. It sucks seeing one of the best athletes to go throug the school not getting the ball. You've said it yourself he should end up the best athlete to walk through those halls yet when all is said and done will he go somewhere D1 when other lesser players from that school and other SWD schools have?

[ QUOTE ]

As for the play calling, you know those guys read here and you probably aren't doing Garon any favors by saying this stuff...just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah man, if you're a football coach, you have to have thick skin. Win and you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, lose and you're lower than whale crap, that's the nature of the beast. Coaches are subjected to criticism all the time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because maybe it helps them realize a few things.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is any way you can "set" a number of carries a back has, by saying he needs to have at least "x" amount of carries before a game...yeah it would be nice to see him get 30-40 a game with a good line, but the coaches will have to make that call during the game...and once they see what the overall strong points of the team are...

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to have at the very least a ballpark figure though. They can't just abandon the running game because it didn't work on a few carries. You have to utilize your best weapon that you have as much as possible. I'm not going to go out in the woods with my 12 gauge and when I see a deer, pick up a big rock to throw at its head in hopes that I kill it instantly.

That being said however, the passing game does have to be utilized to keep the defense honest, but it'd be foolish not to give Garon at least 20-25 carries a game, and more preferrably.

A.W. is talked about on here like he is a scrub that just takes carries away. He had his 1000 this season too. Not to mention, I believe he made honorable mention All State on D (was said at the banquet??). If the MVP was reserved for the best running back on the team (he did win the best RB trophy at the banquet) then yes, the stats show Garon would have won it hands down. Looney had very very solid stats on both sides of the ball so I really dont understand how anybody can get on here and make a case that he didnt deserve the award.

I thought AW had a great year on both sides of the ball...the hit he had against Paintsville on the punt return was the biggest hit i have ever seen in HS Football...going to miss him a lot on defense next year for sure...yet another key part of the Wave defense that will have to be replaced...he was not afraid to lay a hit on anyone that's for sure. Best of luck to him in the future with whatever he does...if you look at play on both sides of the ball, I don't know who else you could have picked for MVP that made a bigger impact?

If it was offense it would be Garon, Defense it would have to be Colby or Aaron...but all around...have to be Looney...if it were any of those 4 who got the award - Garon, Aaron, Looney, or Colby...I don't think you could complain...they all were key's to the success of that team last year.

WR,K10. Go back in my post and find where I said he didnt deserve the award. I never said that. I just fortold what next season has in store for Garon as well as you all.

Ah this message board is getting old. I have my own players to be concerned about. Good luck. Have a good season.

Jimmy, I may have read it wrong. I thought when you said "they didnt give Garon any awards" I assumed you were talking about the MVP because he got Offensive POY didnt he?

I agree with Lance though, I think overall in every aspect of the game that Looney solidly contributed the most.

Who really cares about the awards. Forget all of that crap because without that ring on your finger those little awards dont mean anything. You can have your awards and think they mean such a great deal but they really dont. I'll give up all my awards for that ring. But lets just get off of the award thing and forget about all of that stupid stuff. If you wanna argue i'm sure the basketball forum is waiting for you two die hard basketball players. Uh-uh-uh-uh-ok

It is about the rings, so hopefully someone will keep jmarcum quite so he doesn't screw up Garon's # of carries. He keeps on wondering why they don't go to him more, its because jimmy keeps on giving the coaches hell on here day in day out. I understand what he is saying but he is definitely going about it the wrong way. I know, b/c I did the same thing. If its best for Garon for you to kiss a lil butt, well Pucker up. It's his future and it could be the difference b/t D1 and NAIA.

ok i'm going to just close this one off...nothing productive to be had here anymore I don't think. Congrats to everyone who got whatever...lol.