Bluefield will have new broadcast team new fall...

Bluefield_Rules

Another poster on the board turned my attention to an article in Sunday's BDT regarding this topic. Apparently, Woody Morgan (former WVVA Sports Director '87-'95) is taking over the sports director job at Adventure Radio, which includes nine stations in the area. He'll be joining Bob Redd (former BDT sports editor) in the both this fall to broadcast Bluefield Beaver football games.

Nothing against either men, but I'm going to really miss Fred Persinger, Jr. Fred has done an outstanding job as the voice of the Beavers and quite frankly, it doesn't get any better than Mr. Persinger. Listening to Beaver football won't be the same without the true voice of the Bluefield Beaver this fall. His loss will be felt by those that tuned in every week/game to hear him do the football and basketball games.

Fred Persinger Jr. is now with 99.5 WJLS in Beckley. It would be great to see him on the broadcast team with Bill O'Brien and Maris Lowery next season for his alma mater, the Woodrow Wilson Flying Eagles. He is a great announcer, just like his dad.

I've heard rumors that Bill O'Brien might be moving to Georgia. I hope he sticks around and does some more broadcasting. He is one of the best in the business.

[ QUOTE ]

Fred Persinger Jr. is now with 99.5 WJLS in Beckley. It would be great to see him on the broadcast team with Bill O'Brien and Maris Lowery next season for his alma mater, the Woodrow Wilson Flying Eagles. He is a great announcer, just like his dad.

I've heard rumors that Bill O'Brien might be moving to Georgia. I hope he sticks around and does some more broadcasting. He is one of the best in the business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean this in the best possible way, but I hate you guys... wink.gif