Garon Marcum @ US Army All American Combine

Lance

Just got back from the Combine in Akron, and just wanted to say congrats to Garon for all his hard work this offseason...with everything that has gone on the past few months and all the distractions, minor injuries, road trips, and whatever else that you can think of happening along the way...it's been a lot of fun...lol.

They said the stats should be out on the website by Wed. evening...and that's when we'll be 100% certain on the shuttle time...so I'm not going to speculate on what I think it is just yet because that was the last thing he tested in and the time he got or what I think he got is a shocker...so I don't want to say anything and be wrong...we are just going to wait until Wed. on that.

As far as 40 yard times...he posted a legit 4.5! (and it counted this week...lol) I also have it on video and I'll post it later if anyone wants to see it...not many had 4.5 times or lower...so this was a great effort!

The combine let out at about 2pm and we stopped off at the Pro Football Hall Of Fame for a few hours before returning home...it was a lot of fun!

Here is a pic at the HOF...will post more tomorrow of the HOF and some from the Combine...just got home and have not slept in like 2 days so I'm going to rest now...lol.

garonHOF.jpg

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Congrats to him on that effort. Did they do any lifting stats? Or just speed and times?

no lifting tested at this camp...he did do 185 lbs for 15 reps 2 weeks ago at UGA Nike Camp.

He checked in at 5'9" and 179 lbs.

40 yard - 4.5

Vert Leap he had 30.5 inches

20 Yard Shuttle - ??? grin.gif (will be posted soon)

Long Jump - 8 foot 8 inches (not allowed to swing arms)

...he did very well in the drills also, these kids were not slackers at this combine...elite recruits from all over the north east and midwest...on the deep routes in particular no one covered him for 2 straight hours...if the QB got the ball there he caught it and scored every play he had a chance...and on the short routes it was funny to watch the LB's try to cover him...he faked a couple of kids out of their cleats...they would come at him hard and he would just stop and side step and hit the endzone...was fun to watch...there was Marcum and another kid that really did well...this other guy was just huge and had great speed...whenever they went, you would see the other kids all gather around to watch...it was pretty cool...they never hooked up against each other though which is what I wanted to see....lol. To bad Grundy doesn't have field turf.

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks Lance for everything. Its been crazy and some long drivin' but we kicked some ass this offseason. lol The next thing is you better get ready to come watch US rumble this season. Thanks for everything man, its been great!!!

Yeah Bluefield thats too bad.

Damn, That is the fastest I have seen him run in a while, had to see it on video...he didn't have my slow fingers timing for him either..lol

BB, I usally work out with 225 for 3 sets of 6-8, and Garon usally does that 3 or 4 times just messing around, he usally concentrates on his 185 reps, so I am guessing he would max around 250-260? Squat is another story. We were working out with around 300 for 1 set of 10, kind of a pyramid work out, so I would be guessing in the 400 pound range. Don't wprry, Garon is in the 1,000 lb. club easy grin.gif

Here is the final official stat count from the combine for Garon...he did really well.

Running Backs/Fullbacks

Name.........School....ST...HT...WT..SH..VJ"..3C...40...SBJ"

Garon Marcum Grundy VA 5-8 179 4.37 30.5 7.76 4.59 104

Here is the link if you want to see how he did against everyone else:

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2005_akron.html

His 40 time was the fastest of all the RB's except for one guy that ran in track spikes who got a 4.51...he actually beat that same guy in the 20yd shuttle and 3 cone drills...Marcum wore rubber practice cleats in case you were wondering...anyway...excellent effort and good showing...guess it's down to just a couple of campus visits and summer camps then time for the season to get rolling.

You did a nice job Garon.. grin.gif