Richlands becoming a division 3 school?

jWt79

how good is the competition is div. 3? i've heard people saying that this is the worst mistake richlands has made because we won't make it into the playoffs for a long time and i've heard other peopole say that it will be a walk in the park for richlands and that we'll win state. its a split opinion but does anyone know how good the competition will be for us next year?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Region IV Division 3

Richlands

Tazewell

Grundy

Graham

Va High

Marion

Patrick County

Dan River

[/ QUOTE ]

*if Va High wins the Highlands (god forbid) that will knock out one of the SWD teams for sure...4 slots with the district winners getting 1 of them each...I'm pulling for Lee again...lol

Out of the big 4 in the SWD, at least one is probably going to get left out this year...so the district means everything now...only way you can really secure a playoff spot...last year it was all points...Grundy lost to Richlands and hey...no big deal...they still got mad points because Richlands went on to go 9-1 as well as Grundy going 9-1...playoffs were all but a shoe in...this year...they could all go 9-1 and still have someone get left out...you must win the SWD this year to ensure a playoff spot.

[ QUOTE ]

Another plan would be all SWD schedule Va High early, and wear them down for LEE. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They dropped us, remember? I heard they picked up Gate City though...so you know all to well how that will go...lol. grin.gif

Well honestly (and i know i give them a lot of crap about dropping us but oh well)...them picking up Gate City would be a huge gate game for both teams...and if you can get good gate and ge away with playing someone in your backyard...why not? Gate City is no walk in the park either, so it's not like they are picking up an easy game or anything.

I don't even know if it is ture that they are playing GC, just what I heard...and if so...can't blame them really.

[ QUOTE ]

Another plan would be all SWD schedule Va High early, and wear them down for LEE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you say that...V-high played Lee 2nd game last year, but this year we had to shuffle the schedule. We now play Tenn High our 1st game (their 2nd game-advantage them), play at Gate City midseason, and play Lee LAST...right after Richlands. So if the swd can wear us down, they'll get there chance. (Graham and Tazewell are also in the 2nd half of our season)