Princeton High Football?

WeirFootball

Maybe some of you Bluefield fans can help me out w/ this b/c you guys are such big rivals, but it seems like they never contend for a AAA title and I was j/w why? With all that talent around the area and Bluefield constantly having great talent in AA, why doesn't Princeton ever make a run for Wheeling? I know they had a real good team in 02 w/ Will Albin and Anthony Hayes but they lost in the quarterfinals or semis of the playoffs. I'm not trying to say Princeton doesn't have athletes. I'm just trying to find out why they aren't usually a factor in the postseason.

Princeton's had other strong teams, '95 for example was an exceptional team. Their only defeat in the regular season was 20 to 0 to bluefield, but they were defeated by brooke in the playoffs by 7 or 10 points maybe. They were ahead after 2 quarters but 3rd quarter early, no reason to, they went for a 4th and 2 on somewhere around their 30 yard line, didn't make it and brooke had an easy 30 yards to go for a score, and it changed momentum. That game was played at micthell stadium.

Also actually princeton's football program has improved a lot in the early '90s, when I was in high school their program was among the worst in aaa, they hadn't defeated bluefield in over 10 seasons then, they finally did in '86 for the 1st time in a long while.

In my opinion the big problem with princeton is the problem with some of the other aaa programs, they're simply outsized by the really big schools and their honestly should be 4 classifications in wv.

'02 was a strong team, they were defeated closely by parkersburg south in the quarter finals and they had been the only team to defeat parkersburg south in the regular season and if I'm not mistaken parkersburg south was in the title game in '02. They were also strong early in '03, but injuries and a hard aaa schedule stopped any momentum they had in mid season.

They've actually played a very hard aaa schedule also, considering they've played teams such as bluefield and patrick henry of roanoke along with martinsburg, riverside and some of the other teams from that strong aaa conference, which they'll be in starting in '05..

And bad coaching. Princeton hired a very good strength and conditioning coach in the late 1990s, which seemed to really help their program. However, he left following the 2002 and since you can see Princeton starting to slip already.

The Bluefield/Princeton rivalry dates back well over 70 games and Princeton didn't hit double-digit wins in the series until a victory over Bluefield in 2000.

in my honest opinion back when I was in school it was much a rivalry if not more in ways than graham, even though the football games weren't close, but the basketball was somewhat the opposite, princeton had strong basketball games and bluefield rarely defeated them back then. But it was a hated rivalry, a lot of fights at the basketball games. It's a lot more civil nowadays.

That's another thing about princeton, they used to have a big emphasis on basketball, they actually have a aaa basketball title from the early '80s.

Princeton won the AAA basketball titles in 1979 and 1981 behind Jimmy Miller, who went on to star in the ACC at UVa., and Mike Eds, who is now a college basketball official and does a lot of ACC games. And even the basketball series has turned into a lopsided afair for Bluefield since the 1990s. Since 1994-95 Princeton has only defeated Bluefield five times on the hardwood with three of those coming in one season (2001-2002); Daniel Reed's senior season.

Well it has to be the coaching. The kids are great for the most part. Look at Jonathan Repass he comes over and makes an impact right away for the Beavers on a team that was loaded with talent anyway.

In High School sports coaching will make you or break you.