SWD Poll

goalie

How many times have the James Monroe Mavericks been to Wheeling?  

1. 1. How many times have the James Monroe Mavericks been to Wheeling?

So... Am I guessing everyone is automatically ruling out Graham this year too.... Even though, sticking to what I said last year, they do have players now that are experienced though young but greatly experienced... Naming off a few, Bov, Robert Henry, Ronnie Workman, Steven Brown, TJ Carper, Matt Yost, Bobby West, TJ Marrs, many more. I could be wrong but I think majority of the team this year consists of Juniors and Seniors. Workman is going to be great at QB now that he finally gets his chance and Yost will probably get his practice in this year at QB so he will have more experience for next year. Henry is now going to be the strength of the team, last year having Henderson and Elswick as the strength but Henry is going to be one of the parts of the back bone of the team. And how could anyone forget Bov. He has had an awesome high school career at Tackle, but his true strength is the Defensive side and he will have a great year this year probably the most sacks his whole High School career. The Juniors like Carper, Brown, West, and Yost are going to be there doing their thing. Carper and Brown will hold down the speed... Yost will I believe have a great year on Defense too. West at FB will have a great year and at Linebacker. If I'm not mistaken the whole offensive line will be returning except of course Eggleston, who was injured almost all season last year, and Lawson who came in as a back up for Scott but turned out to be very strong and powerful on the line. Beside those two the whole line is returning. Defensively there is going to be alot of change with the loss of Elswick, Henderson, Matthews, Remines, Lawson, and Spencer. Last year was a rebuilding year so this year as many people have said in the past years... better watch out!

Ive been viewing th boards for quite some time now but ive never really joined in. I voted for Richlands but i noticed that no one ever votes for Carroll. I think that some Carroll fans should join this site and speak up a little and give us some inside info. I cant name but about two players from yall. Thats wengered and yates.

And how could anyone forget Bov. He has had an awesome high school career at Tackle, but his true strength is the Defensive side and he will have a great year this year probably the most sacks his whole High School career.

Bovenizer is so overated its unreal Jake Evans shut him down last year i remember looking over and seeing him with jake on top of him all the time. Burton is going to shut him down this year to

Ok.... But I got one question... I know Jake, not a bad guy, but why was Jake on top of him... are you talking like Jake took Bovenizer to the ground and landed on top of him cause I always thought that was a penalty.... But I could be wrong. Yea Jake is a great player, until this year I have played football with or against him since little league... But Bovenizer is a great player you have to give him some credit he can handle is own against alot of tough players.

You are talking about Jake right... Cause if so, yea your probably right... I don't know to many high school players now-a-days that could take a 6'5, 270lb guy and basically knock him on his butt.... But then again haha yet another great old saying, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall". OH and also yea... Maybe your right about the whole Jake ya know falling on Bovenizer many times but ya know, if Evans is on the ground on top of Bov, that does take one of your biggest linemen out of the blocking picture... opening up a chance for a smaller faster guy to break through. Just a lil thought for some of you to pick at for a little while. cool.gif