Westside 7-on-7

RenegadeMuscle

I doubt you would crush Shady Spring in a real game. I'm not saying you wouldn't win, but it would not be a blowout. I have a friend who played on the OL at Westside and his last year was the 03 season. He said he'd have rathered played Weir that year than Bluefield and I thought that was funny considering the Weir/Bluefield game was anyone's to win and Bluefield came out and beat them something like 35-8. Westside was ranked 4th or 5th that year and Weir was ranked 8th. I think that just goes to show come playoff time, your seed doesn't really help other than home field advantage b/c eventually you're going to have to beat the best to be the best.

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield Rules what makes you think I am just a fan? Liberty will not even be close. Very few teams on our schedule will be close. You heard it hear first Beaver boy, Westside 10-0.

[/ QUOTE ]

An undefeated regular season and another butt-whipping in the playoffs huh? I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed by an 10-0 regular season, especially when you consider the weak schedule Westside plays. Beat just one team of quality this year and then you can brag a little bit. Until then spare the rest of us the board space bragging about whipping up on cupcakes.

8/26 Liberty-Raleigh

9/2 @ Gilbert

9/9 Man

9/16 @ Scott

9/23 @ Independence

9/30 Iaeger

10/7 PikeView

10/14 @ Wyoming East

10/21 Summers Co.

10/28 @ Sissonville

11/4 OPEN

That might be one of the weakest schedules I've seen. You have several A schools and the AA schools you have are at the bottom of the barrel. If you do go 10-0, it's going to be an early exit in the playoffs. Weir and Bluefield are two teams that I can honestly say are battle tested when the playoffs roll around. I'm saying the AA title will again come down to Weir, Wayne, and Bluefield. You need to get your AD to beef up that schedule. Weir is playing in a passing scrimmage this weekend in Pittsburgh that boasts teams like Woodland Hills, North Hills, Penn Hills, Thomas Jefferson, and Central Catholic(#8 team in the nation last season). All of those teams are powerhouses in the WPIAL. Bluefield strengthens their schedule up by adding quality teams from VA while Weir does the same by adding teams from OH along w/ playing some AAA schools in WV. The AA teams they play are usually pretty decent as well. With that schedule, if you don't go undefeated there is something seriously wrong.

i honestly think Scott has the best team there. there QB is one if not the best QB in the state Sperlazza from Weir is good too dont get me wrong. Mt. View dropped out if they wouldnt have dropped out they would have won the tournament. and if you think your could crush Mt. Veiw in a actual game, hahaha think again. they lost 5 seniors and only 3 of them started. they have their QB back and he has 2 receivers around him that are at least 6'6 or taller. there is no one on your all's schedule that has the speed compared to Mt. Veiw. i'll be there saturday. we will see you there. and we will see if you back up the trash but remember this tournament is about like going out and playing touch football with friends.

At this point I'd guess don't count out keyser or herbert hoover having formidable teams, and on the other side equally, bluefield will still have to prove themselves as a team even if they do have some talent. Weir and wayne seem to return enough that I wouldn't hesitate to label them contenders, and there could always be the unexpected "wyoming east", or who knows, poca.

guys as most of you all know im a big Westside fan but i aint dence enough to say Westside doesnt play a weak schedule cause they do

i have predicted a possible 8-2 to 10-0 season

however should they match up with someone like the Beavs, Weir, or Wayne they will be in trouble in football

yes they will have experienced players

but what good does it do to have experience if you aint familiar with the "quality" style play of quality teams

this is where WS gets hurt at so much in football

and i dont see it changing, i would like to see WS drop the teams like Pikeview, Summers Co, and Sissonville and pick up teams like Bluefield, JM, and some other quality team

i mean WS would probably get slaughtered but would get them prepaired for the test of the playoffs, should they make it then

i really do wish the Renegades the best of luck in football, but cant wait til Basketball, cause i know even if we have another season where we would make it deep into the playoffs it would be considered anohter "fluke" or something

c'mon Renegades lets get a better football skd

• 3 weeks later...