Weir looking very impressive...

WeirFootball

I have a son who plays for Brooke who also attended this camp over the weekend and I must vouch for WeirFootball regarding the talent at this camp. Obviously this is not real game, but when I saw the "skill" player from Thomas Jefferson, I couldn't believe it. While they may or may not be a passing team, their players were big, fast and could jump. From what I understand, they spend about 20 hours a week in the weight room and they looked it. Don't forget you also has some other Pittsburgh powerhouses like Woodland Hills, Brashear and Gateway. I thought Weir's success was impressive based upon what I saw.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting Ronald Curry tidbit, which Dook fans should be thankful for. Jason Williams grew up a Carolina fan and has stated that many times in the past. Carolina was recruiting him hard and almost everyone figured Chapel Hill would be his home. However, the day after Curry spurned Hoos for the Heels Coach Gut called Williams and informed him Carolina would no longer be recruiting him. I have a lot of respect for Coach Gut, but that was one of a number of bone-headed recruiting decisions he made while coach at Carolina.

This thread was about Weir's impressive performance at the Pitt passing scrimmage, not about Michael Vick, Ronald Curry, or the talent in VA. Can we please get back on topic. KBL, I agree w/ you 100%. These guys don't know how much talent was there and would have to see it in person like we did to fully appreciate it. I watched a few Brooke games and they didn't look too bad considering they had a lot of talented athletes decide not to go out for the team this season. I look forward as always to the Weir/Brooke battle.

[ QUOTE ]

You must not follow college hoops too much if you think Ed Cota was overrated. He was a floor general that could handle the rock as well as anyone. He saw things before they happened. I remember a few oops hew threw to Vince Carter that were amazing. As for Ronald Curry, you really can't say he's overrated b/c he never really got a chance to shine. He, along w/ Julius Peppers, decided to only concentrate on football. They both contributed when they got playing time, but I think both of their decisions turned out to be very smart ones. They are both doing very well in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, but I thought you said...

[ QUOTE ]

This thread was about Weir's impressive performance at the Pitt passing scrimmage, not about Michael Vick, Ronald Curry, or the talent in VA. Can we please get back on topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you wonder why people go against you so easily? It has nothing to do with Bluefield/Weir, its really just you.

Yeah I was correcting the dumb statement that someone made about Ed Cota being overrated. I couldn't just let that go b/c that person obviously never watched him play. However, the thread wasn't about college hoops. I don't care if anyone doesn't like me. I tell it how it is and if you don't like it, oh well. One more thing, noone is bullying me.

Well eventhough I still don't think it was right to change the subject on Redrider like that, I will still give my opinion. I think Weir High will run away with the NCAA title next year. I see them only being challenged by Duke, but I see Weir running away in the 2nd half b/c Duke will intimidated by the Weir uniform. Player of the year goes to Chris Pugh for his great insight on Weir athletics and wonderful technique in carrying everyone's jockstrap for Weir athlete's. No way Weir wins the tourney without him. When hearing of his POY, all Weir players will willingly let Chris feel their midsection since that is always something he dreamed of doing. Good job Chris, we knew you could do it.

Nope, I watched him play many times and in all those final fours. Out of this trips to the final four, how many did UNC win? Out of 4 trips to Charlottesville to play a completely undermanned UVa team, how many wins did they come up with in that span? Turnovers in big games against the press killed Cota. Just going on results.

As far as the topic goes, 7 on 7 doesn't mean jack squat unless you're planning to play in a college intramural league. However, any kind of good practice at all is good I guess in this case for the whole passing thing. But I think you'd get a better read on a team from the summer drills than from the 7-on-7.

I don't need to base it off the 7 on 7 tournament. I know how good they will be. All of you are entitled to your opinions, and I respect that and I know you don't like Weir and that's your choice. However, if/when they win a state title this season, I won't be rubbing it in anyone's face even if Bluefield is one of the stops on the way, I can tell you that much. No matter what anyone said, I gave Bluefield credit where it was due. It takes a lot to go 14-0 and that is a very impressive accomplishment. Even though I felt the game against Weir should have gone the other way, I congratulated the Bluefield fans that I went to the state title game w/ after the Beavers beat Wayne and took all of the razzing about Weir from them in stride. I don't have anything against Bluefield and think they have a good program and are always a contender, but I'm tired of hearing about Bluefield being superior b/c in the past two seasons they looked pretty evenly matched to me.

he did take all the trashing that i personally gave him, in stride...lol and 'evenly matched' teams would equal a tie, but the Beavers got the WIN..haaha

I remember you even saying the teams were evenly matched Tom lol. And yeah, I did take the talking w/o any problem. I can take a joke. So whoever wants to put false information out there about me can keep going, b/c it doesn't bother me.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't need to base it off the 7 on 7 tournament. I know how good they will be. All of you are entitled to your opinions, and I respect that and I know you don't like Weir and that's your choice. However, if/when they win a state title this season, I won't be rubbing it in anyone's face....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing against Weir. To my knowledge, nobody else has an issue with Weir. The only thing remotely related to Weir that anybody is having a problem with is the arrogent Weir poster, aka WeirFootball.

If anything, most people who post here and follow WV football seem to figure Weir as a very possible state title contender. If you wish to post stuff about Cooper, please keep us up to date on his progress at WVU. However, how he is so much better than Coeburn and blah blah blah, leave that stuff off the keyboard. Its unnecessary.

The only thing I got to say is...

Go Hurley,

Beat Unaka!

I'm not as arrogant as some of the Bluefield posters. As I said, I take the smack talking in stride. Anyways, in response to your question about how he's doing at WVU, I haven't heard much other than he's working very hard and has a chance to make an immediate contribution. He set a freshman record for power cleans, if I'm not mistaken. He, along w/ another former Weir standout Eric Turner, should see a lot of playing time this season. Turner will probably be a contributor on special teams, but Cooper could see a lot of playing time at LB.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

[ QUOTE ]

HONKER

[/ QUOTE ]

It's HONAKER HAHAHA

Hurley Rebels 0-0 Until 10-26-2005 Unaka,TN @ "The Cliff"