Richlands vs Bluefield 7 on 7 pass skill camp...

RHSDE60

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that powell threw 8?

I mean it looked to me as if McClanahan played most of the game....But from what i've been told after the 7 on 7 is that McClanahan just blew his chances of starting..

I really didnt think he did to bad personally. But i guess other players thought Powell showed him up so to speak.

Where were you standing at beavers? i was on the hillside sittin with the rest of the football team talking to em', were you up there also? did you see me?

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands threw alot of quick passes and we had a pretty hard time defending that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands threw a lot of quick passes? I've been been in the stands begging for quick passes for years. I hope it continues during the season.

I've been told more than one time in recent weeks that Bluefield's speed this year might be at an all-time high for any single Beaver team. We have a full house of extremely fast skill position players.

And no knock on young Mr. McClanahan, but if Powell can throw the ball well then I'd prefer he start at QB. Powell is super quick and with someone of that speed playing QB that's another area the defense must worry about. We've all seen how explosive an offense can be with a QB who can beat you with his arm and his feet. Then you throw in quick backs and very capable receivers? Ouch. However, the starting QB job shouldn't be assigned following a 7-on-7 scrimmage b/c a 7-on-7 is different than a real football game.

I told someone last year that if Beaver had a speedy/quick QB that Bluefield's offense would have been unstoppable. That's not knocking Rusty Coeburn at all, but he wasn't a threat to scramble and break one if his receivers were covered down field. You put a fast athlete at QB, not only do you have to worry about covering his receivers, but you also must worry about him scrambling on you. It'll open up a ton of options from the running game and swing passes to down the field passing lanes.

During a game situation, I would play the Powell kid. The longer he was in there, the better he hit his passin routes. McClanahan seemed to falter after the first INT and you cant do that in a game.

Rules looking at speed wise when it comes to Powell and McClanahan, Powell ran a 4.7 in the 40 and McClanahn ran a 4.8 so really theres not to big of a difference in the speed between the two of them..And experience as far as I know Powell has only played QB 1 year and that was in middle school, McClanahan has played QB since he was 5 or 6 years old so I guess we will just have to wait and see...

I'm looking forward to know who'll be joining Albert and Hutchinson on the OL come the fall. Does anyone have any ideas on who might have the inside track there? Bluefield has struggled in years when they've not been able to field a solid OL. Even with the speed in the backfield you'll need people up front to open the holes for them to showcase their speed.

[ QUOTE ]

A boy with the last name of Maddow

[/ QUOTE ]

Never herd nor saw him...There's an up-coming sophomore named michael miller thats like 6'1 275 pounds that would be a fair linemen..

I herd there going to put Julian Morton on the line...

[ QUOTE ]

I hear a freshman will start at tackle, A boy with the last name of Maddow. he is 6'1 215 and holds numerous powerlifting records for his age/weight and is a stud. Make you feel better rules?lol

[/ QUOTE ]

A little, but can he block and carry out his assignments? Size is great, but it doesn't assure a kid will be able to handle the fundamental duties of an offensive lineman. We have some good size, as Rocks mentioned the Miller kid, and Morton has good size as well, but again they must translate that size into ability. I've seen big kids in high school before that couldn't block my grandmother...

Someone who works with the football team told me a few months ago that the o line should be bigger, I don't know if that suggests they'll be better, because bluefield's recent line was smaller but quick and obviously good, but if they are bigger, it's not as if they're rebuilding with a smaller line.

I agree about the qb who's threatening on the ground, it would be interesting to see how simon jr. would use such a qb in the offensive scheme.

While it reads good for a rebuilding seasons speed and talent wise, still lots of questions such as how will they make pass and make receptions when it's full contact, ect., how will they play as a team, respond to adversity and do they have any strong leaders. Way to early for such answers obviously, only stating that's a lot of unanswered questions.

I also know a 7 on 7 is a passing scrimmage, so they passed a lot, but it would be good if bluefield makes passing as much their game as last season, even more if that's where their speed is.

They have another 7 on 7 scrimmage thursday?

[ QUOTE ]

I seen him play at the Middle School and he was very good with the attitude to boot. His dad is a Beaver football alumnus. As of right now he is penciled in to start at tackle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I feel a lot better b/c I certainly trust your ability to judge talent and ability. And I love the fact Beaver football runs in his bloodlines, it means he knows what this is all about.

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen big kids in high school before that couldn't block my grandmother...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a site to see!...lol grin.gif

But one thing we've all forgot is the kicking game. Since lucas left there is 2 new people that simon got to try out for the team. There both soccer players and sophomores. Its Justin Mason and Sean Cornelious. I was talking to mason yesterday during the 7 on 7 and he said the longest he's made has been about a 43 yarder. He said its going to be very close , talking about who will get the starting kickers job. But from what i've herd from other people mason has a better T.E.A.M effort that Cornelious. He comes to all the pratices and weight lifting and stuff like that...So Justin Mason just may be our kicker next season.He's not lucas stone. But just give him time!

I swear i dont know who that kid is you keep refering to?...

I mean i've never even herd the name before, but thats because he's a freshman. But as long as he does his job out there on the field i dont care what grade he's in

[ QUOTE ]

and believe me when I say he has been training him for this moment since he could walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking about pushing something onto a kid..lol grin.gif

From now on BeaverBall you will be know as " The Man"...haha

There is so much stuff to be worried about next year. I dont know where to start panicking.. shocked.gif