Faster player in the SWD

football08

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure nobody around here runs a 4.3 or anything in that range. i know henry runs about a 4.5 and brown and murray ran right at a 4.6 and they can get to about a 4.58 or so. i dont know about anybody else.

[ QUOTE ]

Marcum ran a 4.48 or sumtin like that lazer timed at a combine make sure with lance on that tho but i know hes faster than henry.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was his first run at the UGA Nike camp and it was scratched for some still unknown reason...the fastest "official" time he has is a 4.59 at the Akron combine...it is a lot easier to get good 40 times with your coaches doing the times than it is to go to a camp and nail one...look at the Akron combine...Marcum was only beat by a guy in track spikes by .08 among all the RB's there...and these were legit prospects...just think about it the next time you see people on here saying someone has a 4.6 or better time...it's not easy to get and very few break the 4.6 threshold legit.

You know what the sad and scary part about Garons times are. Not one coach has ever took a legitimate amount of time to show him how to run properly so he can cut his 40 time down. You dont think it matters? Last years class of NFL rookies paid Michael Johnson to show them how to run 40's properly he guaranteed he could at the worst cut .2 off their 40 times. Sure enough they all did. Watched that on ESPN last year after the NFL combines.

He barely lost the swd 100 meter dash. Even heard it could have went either way it was so close to Henry. Some on here may bring that up but what you have to remember is garon did not participate in 1 SWD track meet before that one. He may have participated in 1 I dont know but if he did it was before the injury he had. He hurt himself practicing the triple jump in the first week of practice. So no practice before 100 meter district run and he also had no practice going to that NIKE CAMP in Athens Georgia. The one they scratched his 4.48 time. Also after he hurt his leg he took at least a month off of everything except lifting upper body.

A month or more lay off from running and limping on a sore leg and then going and posting 4.48s, 4.59s thats pretty darn impressive in and of itself.

So if Michael Johnson ever comes by Grundy and shows him how to properly start in a 40 then he would post am amazing one im sure. lol.

I think Lance and are the only two people on this entire board to see someone legitimately run a 4.31 and it was clocked. Last year the UVA Nike Camp he and I were atop the stairs at the back of the basketball court to watch the activities and watched Derrick Williams the number 1 player in the nation run a 4.31. Thats why he was number 1.

Anyone can stand outside and mess up on timing a run, on purpose or not, but until you really see it ran and timed twice by pros then you cant say "i think he can" run a 4.3 and anyone buy it.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Most kids around here get timed at 4.5 by a coach and think its the real deal, but those are usually not acrate (spell check) and most of the time the clock will show 4.59 and by the time the kid gets back to his buddies it is a 4.55 or 4.5 flat.

[ QUOTE ]

...and watched Derrick Williams the number 1 player in the nation run a 4.31. Thats why he was number 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't wait to see D-Will play. Restore The Roar bay-bee. Maybe he can help bring PSU out of the dark ages (having Justin King, one of the top CB prospects last year, will help too).

I saw a kid where I used to live in Statesville NC run a 4.5 in the sixth grade. Granted thats not exactly accurate as for the coach is human and the stop watch is a little tricky but i still beleive that is impressive. he is a senior now and runs like a 4.33 and he has a full scholarship to uva. His name is Chris Dalton. Check him out on Rivals they have him listed in the top 100 receivers in the nation.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure nobody around here runs a 4.3 or anything in that range.

[/ QUOTE ] Stacy Hancock From Craig County Could Run A 4.3 Last Year When He Was A Junior

[/ QUOTE ] sorry my bad his name is Casey Hancock

Did I miss something on here? or.....what's the deal...where did this dude say anything about somebody that "could have" ran a fast 40?...All i'm seeing is that he said a dude COULD run a fast one?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure nobody around here runs a 4.3 or anything in that range.

[/ QUOTE ] Stacy Hancock From Craig County Could Run A 4.3 Last Year When He Was A Junior

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see that Fighton. Incase you cant read what he wrote because he looks as if he's in the 5th grade. He said, "that Craig County could have ran a 4.3 last year when he was a junior." Now you see? Yeah, exactly.