New Districts

Bulldog 82

If the VHSL implements the 4A classification system in the fall of '07' that will mean new districts will be formed. Under one plan it has Bassett, William Byrd, William Fleming, Hidden Valley, Lord Botetourt, Magna Vista, Northside, and Salem in a new AAA district. I guess some old rivalries will be lost and new ones started. Another plan I saw has GW Danville and Franklin Co. moving up to 4A and EC Glass and Halifax remaining in AAA. Also the Piedmont district would have some changes, consisting of Martinsville, Gretna, Tunstall, Dan River and Patrick Co.. I guess all the districts would be affected in someway. Do any of you guys have an idea how some of the districts might shape up under a 4A plan?

I think the SWD would look something like this...

Graham

Tazewell

Richlands

Grundy

Lebanon

Marion

Of course, as with anything that has to do with the VHSL, I'll believe it when I see it....

The LPD will probably look like

Appalachia

John I Burton

Pound

Clintwood

It would probably move Powell Valley, Gate City, JJ Kelly, and Coeburn into AA.

I think if they do it, take Lee High out of Highlands and put them in a district with Powell Valley, Gate City, JJ Kelly, possibly Coeburn, Lebanon, and Virginia High.

I think the last one I saw had...John Battle, J.J. Kelly, Gate City, Lee High, and Va High. Not a bad district(excluding football), if you ask me, especially in baseball and girls basketball.

However, I like trumpet's idea of moving Powell Valley into the district. Lebanon could go either way (SWD or Highlands), but if either PV(especially PV) or Lebanon joined the district, then I would say it would be a good football district too.

Maybe adding Gate City and possibly Powell Valley could help Lee to get out of the cellar in the district. Yeah, I know..but it's worth a shot grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, as with anything that has to do with the VHSL, I'll believe it when I see it....

[/ QUOTE ]

...following much grist for the rumor mill as always. With that 4A Model that was posted earlier - you've got to feel for Abingdon. They will spend a tremendous amount of time on I-81 traveling east to reach district competition.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the SWD would look something like this...

Graham

Tazewell

Richlands

Grundy

Lebanon

Marion

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt Lebanon or Marion will like that idea...lol.

I'd love to see Clintwood in the SWD also...would be a great district...I know that's probably never going to happen but would still be a good add.

The two districts wanted to merge but your Lee High Generals nixed it. If the merge had happened Graham wouldn't have to play Bluefield 2x, and Grundy wouldn't still be looking for a 10th game.

Hey, if it was up to me, the two districts would've merged. I could careless what the school board and everyone else said. Though, the travel would've just gotten so much worse that I would have to talk with the SWD about some things and think it over pretty hard.

I thought someone said a while back on this board that the SWD was willing to work with Lee concerning travel..and something about Richlands helping us out somehow. Did that message get out to Lee County people, other than me?..lol. If that's true then I certainly would've been all for it, but with the way our school board works I don't know of anything different happening besides dropping to single A which is something I am against and glad the VHSL is.

I wish they would have merged to tell you the truth. The perfect SWD would consist of the schools minus Carrol ,the Highlands except lee and Lebanon. That would be a great district only ride that would suck for a fan would be the god awful drive across 2 mountains to Marion.