Teams looking For Games

Mustang3

Mt. Hope West Virginia is droped down to 8 games and desperetly needs to fill their schedule. If any teams in West Virginia, Virginia, or Ohio that needs to fill their schedule and is open on September the 9th, 16, or on September the 30th, please respond... Mustang3

Guest Stang02

Hey Crawford ......guess what I found out some stuff about our schedule today...Ill let you know at the scrimmage tomorrow. Having the Supreme Court close Gauley Bridge today really helped it out.

Christian?

Never mind; I just found the answer. Greater Beckley Christian has decided to play Gauley Bridge twice on 9/30 and 10/22, but the bad thing about that is Gauley Bridge High School is CLOSED. An the WV Supreme Court up held the closing of it in a hearing on Friday.

How did Beckley Christian get out of the scheduled game with Mt. Hope on 9/30?

Guest Stang02

Well it was a conflict between using our field. Mt.Hope and GBC never had a "official contract" on the game even though we were going to play them.So that explains about getting out pretty easy. GBC used our field last year for free, and there was another conflict about that. This offseason Coach Souk suggested to the GBC Coach O'Neil that maybe they should pay alittle bit for using the field. You know something that would help pay for grass seed or something. With out even negoiating the Coach O'Neil said, "NO" and said they can find another field to use. Currently GBC still doesn't have a field to play their home games. So it looks like they will have all their games on the road.

[ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, how come Lance? (Seriously, any specific reason or do you not like the Tigers either!?)

[/ QUOTE ]

just for the way they acted about the whole "10th game" thing...no other reason.

here is what I have as of 8/15 at 2:30pm.

8/26 A Sherman

9/2 H Oak Hill

9/9 OPEN

9/16 OPEN

9/23 A Greenbrier West

9/30 OPEN

10/7 H Valley Fayette

10/14 H Fayetteville

10/21 H Pocahontas County

10/28 H Meadow Bridge

11/4 A Gilbert

Alright, Mt. Hope has replaced Greater Beckely with Williamson so the schedule lookls like this

8/26 = Sherman

9/2 = Oak Hill ** School Rivals, competing for the little brown jug**

9/9 = open

9/16 = open

9/23 = Greenbrier West

9/30 = Valley "fayette" ** County Rival **

10/7 = Fayettevill ** County Rival **10/21 = Pocahontas Co.

10/28 = Medow Bridge ** County Rival **

11/4 = Gilbert

Guest Stang02

This is how the schedule looks right now

8/26 Sherman A

9/2 Oak Hill H

9/9 Open

9/16 Open

9/23 Greenbrier West A

9/30 Williamson (Not Totally Sure but I think this game is going to be Away)

10/7 Valley Fayette H

10/14 Fayetteville H

10/21 Pocahontas County H

10/28 Meadow Bridge H

11/4 Gilbert A

Guest Stang02

Nah not today, I did tell one of the assistants yesterday about Tug Valley. I was the one the actually told him about Williamson but he told me that he will tell Coach Souk about Tug Valley. Also he told me they were trying to talk to Harts but it seems GBC is trying to schedule some teams twice and he thinks Harts might be one of them. I will update will I learn some new information on the matter. I did know today that Valley Fayette tried to contact GBC about a game on the 9/30 but nothing yet on that matter. So when I learn something on that I let you know.

Guest Stang02

Oh I forgot on a side about maybe getting Valley and GBC hooked up. Valley and Meadow Bridge might have to move the game to Oct. 14, since Valley is open on that date and MB had Gauley that week, so MB is open there now. But I all know Valley is trying to contact GBC to maybe play on 9/30. So they can get ten games.

Ok, Let me play Athletic Director of 4 schools for a moment.

Mt. Hope, Montcalm, Tug Valley, and Harts.

Someone show this too your Coach or Athletic Director and the problem is solved at all 4 schools.

Have Montcalm move their Harts game from 9/16 to 11/4.

That opens up both Harts and Montcalm for the weekend of 9/16-17.

Mt. Hope needs a game for either 9/9 or 9/16.

So Mt. Hope could now schedule any of these 3 Tug Valley, Montcalm, or Harts.

If Mt. Hope choose to play Montcalm, then Tug Valley could pick up Harts on 9/16-17.

If Mt. Hope choose to play Harts , then Montcalm could pick up Tug Valley on 9/16-17.

But if Mt. Hope choose to play Tug Valley, then Montcalm and Harts would still need a game because they already play on 9/16, or 11/4 if they decide to move to a later date.

I should have thought of this a few days ago when I first seen this post. Good Luck too all 4 schools in finding a 10th game.