Shady / Westside scrimmage- my thoughts!!

shadyfan

Shady is gona be very average at best they were not able to move the ball on a constant basis, have no passing game and the line didnt hold blocks at all. On the defensive side played pretty well against the run but was burned on just about every pass play . But should be solid for the next couple years because the tigers are starting 9 underclassmen on both sides or the ball so hopefully with experience will come more wins. As for westside i was impressed with the qb he showed lots of leadership and threw the ball very well also the wr's caught everything within 2 yards of them so with the weak teams they play they should have no problem making the playoffs . Also spoke with coach Alexander for the liberty raiders about their scrimmage with Mt. View and he said a total different team from a year ago he said they actually looked and played like a team, with athletes in every postion as usual, he said they did anything and everything they wanted against the raiders and in his opion a top 5 team in AA this year. I believe talent wise he is right but as usual we'll have to wait and see about them keeping it together as a team.

I caught a little bit of the Liberty/MV Scrimmage (one of four on the day!) and I was impressed with what I saw from the Knights. Their tight end Shannon Thomas will be a Force, he's got the size and he even went deep on a few routes, so he's got some wheels. Their running game will be a question mark but their Defense was pretty stifling.

Unfortunately, looks like Liberty will need a little luck if they want to make the playoffs for the fourth straight year. They are very YOUNG. How many games they win will definitely depend on the learning curve. Tommy Newman looked even bigger and ran the ball well as expected, but he's gonna need a little help. Both QB's need a little more time to mature...It's a shame Donovan Reeves decided to sit out the year and focus more on baseball, because they really play much better with him in the game.

Given that I was actually there, Mt. View scored 3 TD's on Varsity and 3 on JV. Liberty was scoreless. TD's are 6 points. 6 does not go into 45 evenly. No field goals were attempted, so whomever told you the the results was either not there or needs remedial math class. But Mt. View dominated in every capacity. They are a legit top 8 playoff contender.

WS plays MV Friday night at Wyo. East football field ina Grid-o-Rama match, rumor is this game is suppose to be like an actual season game w/ 4 qts all at regular qt. time limit

i look forward to this game, gives us WS fans a view of what they might be able to do when up against a team of quality

in reality i look for WS to lose, however i believe this is a game that WS could win if they play right

will be interesting to see what kinda defence Coach Mullins will throw at MV, from watching the news tonight, they talked of how MV returns about 80% of their team, which means experience, and at those experience positions is a QB, a HB, and a 6'3 WR who the news station really put over

as i said in reality i look for WS to lose this game

WS will be a "alright" schedule this season

playing Liberty is always interesting

then there will be the likes of Scott and Gilbert who will make things interesting as well

as well as maybe one or two other games, but for the rest, i see WS winning and make playoffs, at least i hope anyways...lol