Bluefield Starters 21 - Point Pleasant Starters 13

gobigblacks

After 3 quarters. In JV action Bluefield scored in the fourth, and I left after the 4th, so I do not know what happened in the 5th and final quarter.

Bobby Errett had a 50 yard TD catch for the Big Blacks, and Travis Riffle had another good game with a 30 YD TD catch.

Point was up 7-0 for the entire first half until Bluefield scored with 1:05 left and went for two and scored to go up 8-7.

Hmmm....let me try to remember.

First Bluefield score came with about 1:05 left on a 25-30 YD Pass on 4th down. It was a simple little 5-7 yard pass that turned into a big gain for a score. I honestly can't remember who scored the TD's though.

Second score came on the opening drive of the second half, and the final score came with about 3 minutes left or so. I was talking to people in the 3rd so I wasn't really paying that much attention.

Bluefield turned it over four times, one INT, one fumble when two players collided on a punt return, two lost fumbles, and four fumbles overall.

Point Pleasant had one turnover, an INT in the third quarter.

Bluefield seemed to beat Point with the speed, as expected. They could not get anything up the middle the entire game, all of the big gains if memory serves me correct came on runs and passes to the outside in which we just simply can not match the Beavers' speed.

We'll have to rely on our speed more than ever this year to make up for our lack of experience. The turnovers are definitely a problem area and concerning. If that issue isn't taken care of it's going to cost us dearly once the season starts. Thanks for the info.

well lets see... umm the final score at 4th quarter was 28-13 beavers won . ummm arron bowes made a touch down 4th quarter . rease number 28( forgot last name) made a touchdown i do believe. ummmm and thats all i rember lol but there was more. but the JV game was like 14 - 0 chase joyner made 2 catches 1 TD and 1 2pt . and i forgot the rest lol on the way back on the bus i fell asleep and forgot everything lol sorry guys. but they did good after the 1st quarter smile.gif

go beavers lalalalalal

[ QUOTE ]

what's wrong with Steptoe? why isn't he playing against Graham?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was ejected from the State Championship game last year in Wheeling, and that requires he sit out the next game per WVSSAC rules.

The rule is if he plays another sport then the suspension carries over to that sport, so if he would have played baseball then he would have served his suspension in baseball, but since Travis didn't play any other sport, the suspension will carry over.

if he was ejected from his last game last year, because he was a underclassmen last year.

If he had been a Sr. and was ejected from his last football game, it would have been enforced on whatever other sport he played last year.

[ QUOTE ]

The rule is if he plays another sport then the suspension carries over to that sport, so if he would have played baseball then he would have served his suspension in baseball, but since Travis didn't play any other sport, the suspension will carry over.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not correct...He played basketball after football season

The rule is if you are a freshman, sophmore, or junior it carries over to the same sport the next season..If you are a senior it carries over to the next sport you play

I recently just now posted this but I guess no one got the message LOL

The rule is if you are a freshman, sophmore, or junior it carries over to the same sport the next season..If you are a senior it carries over to the next sport you play

Meaning Steptoe was a Junior so It carries over to the same sport which is Football

Come on, that isn't even funny in light of all the school shootings in the past decade. And I'll have you know you could get yourself in a lot of trouble saying something like that on a public forum, joking or not--BR