Tazewell/Narrows Scrimmage

Cowboy

I didn't know that almost every single first string player played 2nd also... Thank you for that info.... And most of the flags thrown were poor calls..And i don't know about the only thing that can't be stopped is our mouth ... I am pretty sure some ppl are still feeling the hits

Well when we come out and smack them in the mouth that's all the talk that needs to be done. And what was the deal when narrows qb was cryin about our team not havin a mouth piece. I know burton is a beast but come on man up.

Son, I've been out of school for almost 5 years. Too bad though. I would've loved to be in there to smack around some of the trash talking, no class Bulldogs.

And as for the GW game, don't go tucking your tail and crying to mommy, the woodshed is getting warmed up.

But your obviously a football god to be watching from the stans of friday nights and talking trash on here . I mean if you play alright . Even if your in school alright . But grown people talking trash na that horrible .. I can see giving opinions but wow come on now you should know better.

The QB, Underwood wastheonly bright spot on the narrows offense. Almost any drive they had was assisted by penalties, and there was a thorough lack of speed. Defensively # 47, and McCrosky, I forget his #, caused alot of problems for Tazewell. Overall, I was very disappointed with a Narrows team that returns most of its key players from last year's playoff team. Unless these 2 teams commit several turnovers, and forget to show up on defense, the Green Wave can forget about beating James Monroe or Giles. The really scary part for Narrows is I don't remember seeing Tazewell complete 1 pass, which isn't really a good thing for Tazewell either, butthey've got enough talent to get back to the playoffsthis year.

As for Narrows' first game, it's been painfully obvious this week that James Monroe has some work to do, especially on offence. However, considering the fact the Giles first team offense only scored once on the Mavs, and Narrows O looked as bad as it did, JM probably won't have to score a whole lot this week. That by no means is stating that this will be a 6-3 game, you never know what you'll get the first time out.

Tazewell should handle George Wythe if they have a decent offense and know how to BLITZ.....BLITZ......BLITZ, the blitz will rattle Davis. GW usually does'nt play anybody tough til the Lebanon game unless Radford has a decent team, then they usually have one loss before Lebanon. They've had a weak schedule for years to make Donnie Pruitt look good. Except for the State Championship year they usually tear thru the soft schedule til they get to Lebanon and then look silly, they're usually more hype than substance. They'll probably finally be able to handle Lebanon this year as Lebanon is rebuilding with a lot of juniors and sophomores getting their first starts, only 7 seniors on the entire team and not all of them start. If Tazewell plays hardnosed they'll beat GW.

The Giles-JM scrimmage wasnt even close. Giles was sloppy and missed blocks, but the drove all over JM, and mostly on the full back plays. Cook only had 3 runs. JM only had 1 first down, and one other run of about 7 yards. Mostly negative yardage. Giles defense is going to be very tough. JM has a version of the single wing that I have never seen before. If they dont get some better blocking, it will never be effective. Narrows will be a tough team to handle this year.They have some good athletes. They know how to play the single wing, so dont count it as a JM win just yet.