Anyone hear how Beckley did yesterday at MSAC...

edrforshey

matchup between Midland and Princeton. I was able to watch 10 scrimmages over 2 days. Got one heck of a sunburn.

Beckley didn't scrimmage until 6:30pm against Hurricane and South Charleston.

Best team I saw over the 2 days was Capital.

was really kind of surprised that they even could play with Midland, much less lead until near the end. Ended up tieing 14-14.

Princeton was big up front, but teams with a lot of speed will blow by them, they looked like they lack foot speed. The schedule will really be tough for them in the MSAC. I can see them going 3-7, 4-6, or 5-5.

Check out the front page at beckleyfootball.org They have some info on the scrimmages. It looks like Beckley beat Hurricane 7-0 and Beckley and South Charleston battled to a 0-0 tie. I know Hurricane has a really good back in Lamonica and South Charleston has a good one too in Spurlock. How do you think Hurricane and South Charleston will be Ed?

Beckley appeared very impressive against Rockbridge, Va. in their scrimmage. They scored 4 or 5 TD's and held Rockbridge scoreless. I don't really know what to take from that scrimmage though because I don't know anything about Rockbridge. Someone that knows something about Rockbridge tell us how good they are.

SC could make the AAA playoff as a low seed. They have a lot of great athletes in that school, just seem to not win enough games to make the playoffs. I see them going 5-5, 6-4.

Hurricane usally makes the AAA field as a low seed or just misses. Last year tied for 16th seed, but lost out on a tiebreaker. The MSAC schedule this year appears to be a little harder for Hurricane. I can see them going 4-6, 5-5.

Beckley might play the toughest schedule in the MSAC. 7 of them made the playoffs last year. An most are going to make it again this year. What a start to WW season: Riverside, Capital, and Parkersburg all at home, but WW most end up with 3 on the road against: Huntington, Nitro, and George Washington. Not to forget at Cabell Midland and hosting Spring Valley in the middle. That's 8 tough games, Welcome to the MSAC, Where you had better be ready to play every week, or you get your butts beat.

Sorry, I hate to say this but unless WW has improved a lot, I really don't see them going to the playoffs with this schedule. I say 3-7, 4-6,or 5-5 if WW knocks off a few of those teams I mentioned.

[ QUOTE ]

was really kind of surprised that they even could play with Midland, much less lead until near the end. Ended up tieing 14-14.

Princeton was big up front, but teams with a lot of speed will blow by them, they looked like they lack foot speed. The schedule will really be tough for them in the MSAC. I can see them going 3-7, 4-6, or 5-5.

[/ QUOTE ]we hung with midland in our scrimmage. in the 10 plays them 10 plays us thing at the end if it with both teams running 40 plays they beat us 6 to 0

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]we hung with midland in our scrimmage. in the 10 plays them 10 plays us thing at the end if it with both teams running 40 plays they beat us 6 to 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you are confused. They are talking about Cabell Midland, a WV AAA school from the Huntington area.

You are talking about Midland Trail, a WV A school from Fayette Co...HUGE difference...

Face it, Pocy will be lucky to win a game this year...it is time for the eternal "mercy rule" to be placed on Pocahontas...

Yeah, the schedule is brutal. We will know where we stand real quick after the first three games.

I think Beckley will be improved. How much, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they will rid themselves of the all the penalties and turnovers from last season. All of the stupid mistakes that really cost a team. As I have said before, they do have one thing that is uncoachable and that is speed with Ali, Mayo, and Manns.

I think the key to Beckley having a successful season will be cutting down on the turnovers and penalties and line play.

just play really bad on 9/9 when my BIG REDS make that long trip down to Beckley. No really I hope its a great game as long as my guys WIN.

Hopefully we can meet up that evening and talk a little before kickoff.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you are confused. They are talking about Cabell Midland, a WV AAA school from the Huntington area.

You are talking about Midland Trail, a WV A school from Fayette Co...HUGE difference...

Face it, Pocy will be lucky to win a game this year...it is time for the eternal "mercy rule" to be placed on Pocahontas...

[/ QUOTE ]umm have i talked bad about you buddy? no not you or graham.. so i'd appreciate it if you back off pocy and worry bout ur ownself

[ QUOTE ]

G Man this is ur warning!!! ur just trying to start some thing now. ill give u one more chanch. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! Everyone deserves a second "chanch"... grin.gif