" RICHLANDS AT HONAKER "

redneck_nation

congrats. to the blues on a dominating win, i hated like heck to miss the thrashing you boys laid on gate city! i was getting the score updates during all the race cautions!

cheering you on all the way from the world's fastest 1/2 mile.

on to week 2 at honaker

you boys play with the same fire & intensity you have played with the last two weeks & the season will take care of it's self. take care of your own business this week & let the tigers feel the wrath of the storm.

to quote the cole "the storm is coming to honaker"

good luck this week #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honaker doesn't have a potent enough offense nor the depth on defense to beat Richlands, based on everything I have read. A lot like what happened to Lebanon last year, they hung tough for as long as there lungs would let them but your gonna have to be capable of putting points on the board against Richlands otherwise they will beat you.

Just the thought of Honaker trailing Lebanon during there game last week screams to me that Richlands should win this one with ease.

i'm sure we won't hear trash talk from honaker cause their fans on here tend to downplay their team. you guys are the least cocky bunch on here. i expect a good hardhitting game and hope the blue bunch don't have a big head entering this one or we could be in trouble.

I came to that Leabanon, Richlands game last year.. Lebanon was hanging in there till the second half when richlands went to shotgun and handed it off to Ringstaff almost every play. I think he had over 200 yards in the second half of that game lol

Thats what one bad fan out of a 1,000? This should be a good game,Honaker always has a good team. But I'm really concerned,someone told me they looked winded playing lebanon last week.Hope Coach Hubbard will get them in to shape before playing the Blues this week. Its time for another Clinch River Classic whos ready?

For some reason, Honaker never starts any heavy running until the week of the county fair. I think thats why Honaker usually struggles its first few games of the season and starts hittin on all cylinders around week 4 or 5. Hopefully, Hubbard will have 'em running some wind sprints this week. I think if they can keep their endurance, Honaker can hang with Richlands until around the 4th quater, but due to Richlands depth, they'll blow it open at the end. That 35-0 whippin to GC though certainly doesn't bode well for us though! crazy.gif

believe it will be a good game also. didn't know that about honakers conditioning, richlands conditions year around & these kids are dedicated more than any team i've seen in last 15 years.

watched these boys play 5 years ago in midget league & mance & his staff has a special group with these kids.

just hope things work out for the blues this season. these kid have the heart & will to make this a big season for themselves & the richlands community.

Honaker conditions year 'round too. Only thing is, they think lifting weights all the time is the only thing you have to do to be in shape! Does Richlands offer weight lifting as a class? Some schools do and some, their school board won't approve the class

I heard through a father of one of his teammates, that his ankle was fractured and would be out until the Tazewell game. I hope that isn't true because he is a valuble access to the team. Smith and Addison will have to take up the void. Caleb, I wish you a speedy recovery. God Bless!

I'll agree with the other posts on here. I think the Richlands / Honaker game is gonna be close. I watched them scrimmage, they have some hard nosed runners. It was the intersquad scrimmage, both sides looked good. I hope Richlands will win, but they don't need to go in there too cocky, or they be in for a rude awakening. Good Luck Blues.

Caleb, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Well we have been under a Tornado watch all day wink.gif...but on the jennings thing...it is a fracture and 3 weeks tops is how long hes out. Bam bam did a nice job of coming in for him tho against GC so im not worried...jennings is a lot better quick move kind of guy but bam bam is perty darn fast in a long run too.

Well just read the Richlands paper and it said the winner of the Richlands Honaker game recieves a trophy and Ematz is sponoring the game again giving shirts to them teams like the past 2 years....didnt know if everyone knew already or not but it's new news to me lol.