Bluefield-vs-Princeton?

ghs84

after i saw the way our offense folded when our QB went out, i don't look for much good to come from this game. hopefully our defense can keep us in it, but the way they've been tackling (or lack of on Nitro's #32 and Graham's #1) i don't really look for the D to step up. however, i'm a Beaver and WE BELIEVE... so i'm going to say that we pull it out somehow. i think little Freddy will dig into his playbook a little bit (meaning - he'll play a little more NCAA Football on PS2 this week) and he'll do more then run Carter up the gut. i see Bluefield on the winning side of 21 - 14 this week.

NOTE TO SELF - remember that thread at the end of last season about little Freddy being the best OC that has graced Bluefield? what happened to that? boy did i laugh when i heard the smack on him as soon as i hit the parking lot.

i just thought it was funny to hear the HUGE swing from greatest OC at Bluefield ever to - hey Shane, you wanna run the offense??? you could do better then Freddy - he sux!!! my stance is usually this - a play is designed to work, if it is properly executed by the players. no coach ever puts in a play that is going to lose yards or turn the ball over. yes, a good defensive coordinator can counter, but all offensive plays are designed to work... if only for 3 or 4 or 5 yards. not every play can go to the house.

and since i got a private message from a concerned Beaver fan thinking that i had turned or something, i want to clear up what i thought i obviously stated - I support little Freddy just as much now as i did last season. he did a great job last season, and will do a great job this season. he had a tough break with our QB going down, and did the best he could with what he had. he'll do just fine. i was only stating that i was laughing at everyone else and how they went from greatest OC to sux... based on one night.

thank you

[ QUOTE ]

and since i got a private message from a concerned Beaver fan thinking that i had turned or something, i want to clear up what i thought i obviously stated - I support little Freddy just as much now as i did last season. he did a great job last season, and will do a great job this season. he had a tough break with our QB going down, and did the best he could with what he had. he'll do just fine. i was only stating that i was laughing at everyone else and how they went from greatest OC to sux... based on one night.

thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been from the same person that was offended by my comments on TriStatePreps.com... shocked.gif

eh... i'm not worried about it. just like everyone else, i'm entitled to my opion. even if it is sometimes contrary to the Beaver way. i just try to be realistic about things instead of having blinders on and only seeing that big beautiful B.

In my opinion they simply weren't prepared for a scheme without a mobile qb. I would have still prefered they gone downfield but it was the 1st game for an inexperienced group.

also while they had penalties most of them were at least technique penalties, I've seen bluefield teams from the past that would have 7 or 8 delay of game penalties a game on o and numerous fals start, or mental types of errors, and in my opinion for such inexperience I thought overall this group played hard and well enough for a 1st game.

Arm tackling and such are also technique problems, the potential is there.

If people recall it was 10 seasons ago, 95, that bluefield had an early 20 - 0 margine and looked to be on their way to victory before Isabelle was injured and momentum changed and graham earned the victory from behind.

Each team earned the state title game in their respective states that season.

Not suggesting that will happen but it was the '95 season 10 years ago exact.

Bluefield didn't know how to react or play without Isabell then and he was injury prone some afterwards through the season but they became a stronger team by leanring how to play without him and relying more on other things. Bluefield has the potential to also develope other keys to their game without powell and should be stronger if he returns 100 %.

But they will have to earn some big victories against princeton and grundy.

They have a hard schedule to contend with and an 0 - 1 start with a 9 game schedule. I would guess they for certain have to be at least 5 - 4, likely 6 - 3 to earn the playoffs and herbert hoover and mount view in the latter season are going to be hard games as well.

I don't know enough about princeton to know what to expect but 1 other comment, bluefield played 1 of the best rb's against nitro, and 1 of the biggest and strongest against henry, not certain they'll have to contend with rb's of that caliber, aside from marcum, and henry a second game much more. I would expect them to tackle somewhat more against other teams.

I really don't know what to expect this friday with the game between bluefield and p-town. Im a junior now and I remember back in 8th grade when princeton beat us in middle school 49-0..They ran all over us! They had some major hits in the game including one on me where I had a concussion lol but I stayed in the game! If the players they have then are still on the team then Im sure they have gotta even better! But we have also added a few players to our team since then..But pretty much I think its gonna be a really close game! If McClanahan steps up as a leader bluefield will win!!!If not well I guess we will find out...

Is Marcus Hayes starting running back for them??

If Steptoe is just as big and nasty with more quickness then why in the heck is he not starting. That carter kid is real good and I would bet my last dollar that there isn't a better fullback in the area much less on the same team. He's gonna be a hell of a player.

[ QUOTE ]

If Steptoe is just as big and nasty with more quickness then why in the heck is he not starting. That carter kid is real good and I would bet my last dollar that there isn't a better fullback in the area much less on the same team. He's gonna be a hell of a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main reason Carter starts is that he has experience balling fullback. He was the fullback in middle school and scored over 30 touchdowns during that time. So he has the fundamentals. I don't know what, if any, experience Steptoe has carrying the ball.

From what I've seen, at least in the Nitro scrimmage, Steptoe is the better blocker of the two. He had a couple of pancake blocks, both run blocking and pass blocking. He seemed very heady back there in the backfield, so I look forward to seeing him this week. One thing is certain, when Bluefield puts he and Carter in the backfield together no one is going to stop them from gaining yardage.

[ QUOTE ]

Im picking Bluefield 80-16 lol grin.gif i think that princeton will be able to compete with bluefield this year.. we'll see, i mean after all it was pikeview they beat last week lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....I wonder what the score between Princeon and Pocy would be...............?????????

Do to the fact that I work close to Princeton, and won't get off in enough time to get to the James Monroe-Shady Spring game until late in the 2nd quarter, when the game may be over if JM plays like they did last week, I've decided to watch the Princeton-Bluefield grudge match. I love this kind of game, 2 teams that absolutly hate eachother with a pure passion. I expect Princeton to take this one in the area of 25-14 in a very physical game. Princeton IMO is just too large (much larger than Graham by the way) on the interior line for this inexperienced Bluefield team to contend with it. As far as the talk about Steptoe and Carter bullrushing through defenses, traditionally, that's exactly what kind of offense Princeton is geared to stop. Bluefield usually, particularly 2 years ago, just goes around it, but with a green, second string QB, that's going to be a tricky task.

Anything can happen in this kind of rivalry, but the better team usually wins this kind of hate match, and at this point in the season, I just think that's Princeton.

Well I can tell princeton one thing they better be able to catch payne #3 or they will be sucking wind in the first qtr his speed is very good.If bluefield can cut down on mistakes and get behind #10 with support they will be hard to beat even losing what they did to graduation they are a very talented team.35-28 beaver