Who was it???

beaverbaseball

The turning point of the beaver/graham game was when Graham forced a fumble from Bluefields Allan Carter and graham recovered it!

The reason I posted this though is because nobody knows who put that helmet to the ball to force the fumble! Bluefield has watched the play on film over and over and over..They have checked the news film, every clip of the play they can find! And the only thing they can see if SOMEONES helmet from graham with his helmet hitting the football out of Carters hand to force the fumble! And you all might think well no big deal..But nobody has stepped up for graham and said "I forced the fumble" or anything like that! Even Coach Marrs said on a interview that they don't know who forced the fumble! All you can see on all the films they have looked at is the players helmet hitting the ball and the "GC" (Glynn Carlock) on the helmet! Is this a sign that coach was watching over?? I dno but I think its a great story

[ QUOTE ]

The turning point of the game wasn't that fumble. The turning point was the injury to Powell b/c it took all the air out of Bluefield's sail.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have to look at it, what if he didn't fumble! We could very easily be sitting here talking about bluefield winning

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The turning point of the game wasn't that fumble. The turning point was the injury to Powell b/c it took all the air out of Bluefield's sail.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have to look at it, what if he didn't fumble! We could very easily be sitting here talking about bluefield winning

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly. We could be talking about a Bluefield win if he didn't. However, had Powell not been injured we would, not could, be talking about a Bluefield victory. When Powell went out the game changed completely from the play calling aspect to the emotional aspect. You could just see the air go out of the Bluefield sideline as Powell laid there in pain and it was evident he was done for the night.

the person that caused the fumble is a good friend of mine...i talked to him today and he confirmed that he did it....the one i told you to look out for on defense...TJ Carper...

yep...i talked to him today....he told me that TJ Marrs tripped up Carter and he said the ball was just stickin out and he knocked it loose and Josh Broyles recovered it...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly. We could be talking about a Bluefield win if he didn't. However, had Powell not been injured we would, not could, be talking about a Bluefield victory. When Powell went out the game changed completely from the play calling aspect to the emotional aspect. You could just see the air go out of the Bluefield sideline as Powell laid there in pain and it was evident he was done for the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Graham , did win and Bluefield did not. Give the G-Men credit due. But, fortunately for everyone, these two great teams will meet again this year. Bragging rights go to the G-men for now.

also is there anyone who was originally against another graham bluefield game who isn't? It seems it's already in the back of people's minds and I was for it anyhow but I'm really looking forward to it God willing on sep. 30th.

It might outdo the 1st.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Graham , did win and Bluefield did not. Give the G-Men credit due. But, fortunately for everyone, these two great teams will meet again this year. Bragging rights go to the G-men for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've given Graham their due a number of times. I'm sorry, I'll start doing it in every post so that everyone is aware they've been given their due.

I'm still against it even though we won the game. It just seems to take something away from the hype that surrounds the game and the build up for it. The second will be another classic which I hope we win again but I don't think it will be the same.

hey bluefield i for one know that you have given the gmen the credit for their win against the beavers so as far as i am concerned you do not have to in every post. you have as far as i can tell not said anything negative against the gmens win friday. so ty for that.