MavsRock's Predictions Week#2

MavsRock

James Monroe 37, Shady Spring 14- This game could stay close for a while, of course I thought that last year before JM led 40-7 at the half. Shady should give the Mavs a fight playing at home, but probably won't have an answer for Robertson, Jackson and Mullens.

Princeton 25, Bluefield 14- They were + 4 in the turnover column and still found a way to lose to Graham last week. I really believe that Princeton's larger, and somewhat more experienced team will give Bluefield alot of trouble Friday.

Giles 14, Blacksburg 10-Giles is due in this rivalry, and isn't likely to repeat the embarrassing 31-13 home loss they had to this squad 2 years ago.

Narrows 18 East Montgomery 16-Narrows finds just enough offense to bounce back from the 43-7 thrashing from James Monroe @ home last week.

Mount View 24 Man 18-Mount View survives surprisingly close game.

Liberty 35, Summers Co 0-From reeading some early reports baefore last week, I thought Summers may have a descent team this year. Sorry, my bad.

I'd say Bluefield will beat Princeton 24-14 and James Monroe will not beat Shady Spring that bad. It might be by 1-2 TD's. James Monroe should be used to games that aren't close. Remember the 63-22 playoff game w/ Weir last season when James Monroe was actually ranked higher than the Red Riders? lol

i'd be surprised if JM doesnt beat SS that bad

Shady is down, i've seen them for myself, they are way down compaired to last season

JM by 2-3 TD's

Liberty ® should beat Summers Co. but not by no more than a TD

i think MV beats Man in a blow out, i dont anticipate no more than 8 pts if that out of Man

and i think Bluefield will beat Princeton, i cant phantom/see Bluefield starting 0-2 and losing to Princeton, Graham ok, Princeton i cant see that

James Monroe will beat shady by 40+ the tigers only start 2 seniors on either side of the ball, it will be a long night for the tigers, but thats ok ill still be there cheering them on good luck to both teams

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say Bluefield will beat Princeton 24-14 and James Monroe will not beat Shady Spring that bad. It might be by 1-2 TD's. James Monroe should be used to games that aren't close. Remember the 63-22 playoff game w/ Weir last season when James Monroe was actually ranked higher than the Red Riders? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's probably the funniest thing I will read all day. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

WEIRFOOTBALL...I also remember the game at Bluefield also. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I remember that game. It was one of the greatest high school football games I've ever seen. Both teams battled until the end and unfortunately it didn't go as expected for Weir. However, I believe you were 9-1 entering the playoffs and the only loss was when Bluefield destroyed you in your last game of the regular season. You could have got another shot at defeating Bluefield, but that's when Brandon Sperlazza threw for 8 TD's and Jack Crow caught 5 of those TD passes(both state playoff records) in that 63-22 warm-up game for Weir. The only reason I say this is b/c James Monroe fans didn't give Weir a chance in that game. I remember their fans thinkging that Weir didn't stand a chance in that game, but they were quickly proven wrong. Then the next week out of jealousy, those same fans came to the Weir/Bluefield game and were cheering for Weir b/c they can't take it that Bluefield is a great program and JM's team just doesn't match up to them.

WeirFootball ...I guess if we were all as great as Weir thinks they are, we would all win championships..Somebody should have told you that you have to play four quarters, not quit the last three minutes.

Good grief folks it is all about match ups...James Monroe fans know that Weir was a stronger team last year...It is not about rankings....Its about schedule...I am a JM fan and follower, however I knew last years JM team did not match up and it would take a perfect game to win against the Red Raiders...It changes from year to year...The JM teams of the late 90's would have easily mached up with Weir and maybe the Weir teams would not you never know...It goes from year to year and rankings in the WVSSAC really mean nothing...anyone can win at any give time....Just go out and play the game! goodluck to all teams Friday night...It truly is the best time of year.

[ QUOTE ]

WeirFootball ...I guess if we were all as great as Weir thinks they are, we would all win championships..Somebody should have told you that you have to play four quarters, not quit the last three minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many football state championships does James Monroe have again? That's right 0. Weir has 6 so don't talk about state titles. Weir didn't have to play four quarters against JM. The game was over by halftime haha. The JM fans that I talked to before the game didn't give Weir a chance. They thought the Mavericks were going to walk all over Weir. I knew it wasn't going to happen, especially w/ that ridiculous offense they run. It's so predictable and easy to defend.

[ QUOTE ]

Good grief folks it is all about match ups...James Monroe fans know that Weir was a stronger team last year...It is not about rankings....Its about schedule...I am a JM fan and follower, however I knew last years JM team did not match up and it would take a perfect game to win against the Red Raiders...It changes from year to year...The JM teams of the late 90's would have easily mached up with Weir and maybe the Weir teams would not you never know...It goes from year to year and rankings in the WVSSAC really mean nothing...anyone can win at any give time....Just go out and play the game! goodluck to all teams Friday night...It truly is the best time of year.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Red Riders lol. Anyways, I heard your best team at JM was the 2002 squad. I've met Nick Newberry through one of his teammates on the baseball team at WV Wesleyan who is a friend of mine and he said they had a very strong team that year. He was the only JM supporter I talked to at the game that didn't guarantee JM would win. I hope you're not serious about the JM teams of the late 90's matching up against Weir. In 1997 Weir made it to the semifinals losing to a great Bluefield team by 14 points. They were one of the only teams that played Bluefied close that year. The following year Weir went 14-0, winning the AA state title and Quincy Wilson set every WV HS rushing record imaginable. There was no way a JM team would have beaten either one of those squads. I've talked to many Bluefield fans and JM is known for playing a weak schedule, going 9-1 w/ their only regular season loss coming to the hands of Bluefield, and then taking an early exit in the playoffs. I hope Weir and James Monroe meet in the playoffs again this year, only this time it will be at the friendly confines of Jimmy Carey Stadium in Weirton!

Most likely JM's strongest team was the 99 team (Ben Thornton's) senior year when they lost in the semi's to W. East who eventually won the state title....anyways as far 97 JM lost to that same Bluefield team with Charles Tynes by only 7....So your facts are muttled...sorry about the nickname mistake...But like I said it goes from year to year and the competition seems to get weaker and weaker as years go by.