Grundy - Richlands

parsons

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pride goeth before destruction. smirk.gif j/k

Gee, the way all these guys talk, you'd think we're the underdogs here, lol. Oh wait a minute, yeah, we are!

No need to continuously point that out to us though. We know your defense shut down your first two opponents. We know you have a very strong team, there's no doubt about that.

Nevertheless, the game will still be played on Friday night, there will be no forfeit. I hope last week's victory gave our boys some confidence back.

Good luck to my boy MPT and the rest of the Wave.

For once, maybe Grundy being the major underdogs could be the spark they need to beat Richlands. For some reason, it seems like Grundy has been the favorite to win this game for the last 8 or 9 years and its been almost that long since they have actually came through "as advertised".

Maybe Grundy goes that extra bit, knowing it'll take an A+ game to win @ Richlands this year. Or maybe Richlands falters under the same pressure that Grundy has the past couple of years. Its not much longer.

He's had a good team to work with.. they should of won the state semi final game last year. If he was such a good coach he wouldnt have put Jeremy Keene (no offense to you) out there to cover Salems RB. There was no way jeremy could keep up with him.. Also i remember hearing that against graham last year richlands had the ball at the 1 yard line, and instead of running it up the middle with your all state running back.. he decides to drop back and throw a pass .. which was intercepted

everyone makes mistakes......but i admire the way he runs the program.....and while i (if i were in charge)may occasionally do things differently than he does......i know he does a much better job than i or many others would do...i'm grateful to have him at r'lands.....

[ QUOTE ]

mance has done a nice job with richlands football team i have know mance for a long time eh 31 u are eat up with if u dont thing at mance has done a good job

[/ QUOTE ]that post didn't make any sense at all.. but anyways i'm not telling people what to think, its just my opinion

Grundy is the underdog everyone knows it. NO suprise there. They got beat by Clintwood if that tells you anything. Grundy is stocked full of 9th and 10th graders playing big roles in their first year. Everyone knows it.

I dont see Grundy players saying anything. Which is good. THey know they have no reason to talk or boast. Richlands has the team to beat and looks like Graham is up also. Grundy is just feeling their way right now. But no matter what football is football and I wish I could see the game.

Good luck to both teams but Grundy these storm warnings and redneck nation things are getting cliche. Lol. I just want to see Grundys young players wrap up and Garon get the rock and show up better than Gate City, and Honaker did, but I think it will take Grundy at least 4 more games to start to Gel , but in the SWD that may be too late,but I hope not.

Here ya go Grundy. Compliments of Falco. Lol

http://onfinite.com/libraries/598355/5a2.jpg

Both teams good luck. Have a great game. And show good sportsmanship.

Another quick not: I have all the respect that a man can give with Marcun he is a great athlete. But after you leave Ernie Hicks stadium this Friday win or loose you'll have to think about the storm. The noise of the crowd, the storm warning sirens, the smoke that lifts the field.Who don't wanna play Richlands (the gates are great for the school) normally we bring more fans than the home team does. Its great playing at home, but were not at a disadvantage any where OUR FANS ARE GREAT.

I think this will be a good game. Richlands has owned Grundy the past 7 years. Don't know why but we have.I have the outmost respect for Grundy but if ya'll don't get things straightend up its going to be a long season. And about the Richlands Graham game lastyear I agree I dont know why we didn't run the ball with us being on the 1 yd line. Thats about like the year we was up there and mance wanted to run it in instead of listening to Tarter and kicking for 3.

[ QUOTE ]

had the ball at the 1 yard line, and instead of running it up the middle with your all state running back.. he decides to drop back and throw a pass .. which was intercepted

[/ QUOTE ]

hell...this is a weekly thing at Grundy...lol. grin.gif

uh...no.

shocked.gif

That's just one of the things that we did in the Va High game last year...that's the most recent example that comes to mind...lol.

To be fair...at Shelby Valley they did give the ball to Marcum when they got down near the goal line and he did score a TD.

I wonder sometimes...lol.

Grundy did much better last week, still trying to force the passing game way to much...but whatever...long as they get the win I won't bitch about it.

you can't expect to beat a good defense of 11 guys with a rotation with 1 person i don't care how good he is!!!! marcum will pobably have a good game but not like he did against shelby valley even if he has a good game u have to have a defense to help out too because not only do we have a good d-fense our offense does it's job