• Elite 8
    • Final Four
    • Championship

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great game from both teams. I hope we don't have to go threw that every weekend. I was kinda suprised by VT's sloppy tackling. They missed way to many tackles. But we got a big road win in conference and got Mr. Vick a start under his belt. Things are definatly looking good in Blacksburg this season.

BTW: If someone will find out where "Stiney" lives I'll gladly place a "For Sale" in his front yard tonight. The predictable play-calling with such an offensive team is pathetic. I had to check the roster again b/c with the play calling tonight you would have thought VT was starting 11 true freshman on offense and a average, slow QB.

I'm with ya! Ricky Bustle took a lot of flack for his vanilla offense but at least he stuck with one scheme and then tweaked it based on personel. Stiney changes the whole thing every year AND does a lousy job playcalling. I remember when Mike played Bustle had him rolling out on nearly every passing play. Marcus should be doing the same thing.

I'm worried bout our defense and im never worried about our defense.....i know it was just a first game but they tried arm tackling and straight up missed there guy sumtimes....hopefully frank and bud will line em out i have faith they will...GO HOKIES>

I agree something needs to be done, but you gotta think guys NCST was breaking in a new offensive cordinator and I believe a defensive one as well. BUt techs defense looked great at times and horrid @ others from what game I got to see before my TV went out.

The defense will be fine. They didn't start out too well but they did much better in the second half. They really didn't know how to prepare for the new NCST OC and that was a big disadvantage.

On offense, the running game did about as well as could be expected against that defense. Marcus made some good passes and some bad ones but overall it was a godd first game for him. From a playcalling standpoint, there is no excuse for using someone like Marcus Vick strictly as a drop back passer. When Mike was there they took all the drop-back stuff out of the playbook. Everything was play-action or roll-out.

As much Espn showed "Ron Mexico" aka Mike Vick last I thought he was still flippin playing.It was repulsive.. They even had a camera on him for about 2 minutes when he left. As many pro players as Fsu and Miami have put in to the NFL, and are going to be at that game. They should have the camera's on them instead of the game since they showed Vick that much last night!

I kinda got annoyed with it too.. After every play they would show michael, or if Marcus had a good play, they would say Big Brothers happy about that one.. it just kind of got annoying after the second qt.

[ QUOTE ]

They showed Michael because he was watching his little brother make his first college start. That and he happens to be the biggest star in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm sure he wasn't the only NFL player with a younger brother playing football this weekend but they didn't show them every 2 minutes though. What makes Vick " the biggest star in the NFL"? Has he won or played in the Super Bowl? No!!!! He's won 1 playoff game. Tom Brady has won 3 SB so just maybe he a little bigger star. Donovan Mcnabb has played in 4 NFC championship games he's just might be a bigger star. Payton Manning just broke the record for TD passes in a single season, but you're saying that Vick is a bigger star than any of these people.. That's funny. He's a amazing athlete, but let's not put him in Canton quite yet ok.