• Elite 8
    • Final Four
    • Championship

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many people are basing this season's game off of what happened last year. So let's recap last year:

--It was Imoh's first back from suspension and he wasn't in the "flow" at that time like he was later in the season.

--Cedric Humes still wasn't healthy or close to it.

--If you remember, Randall overthrew three open receivers deep on three different series that would have set VT up for at least FG tries.

--VT gifted wrapped both State TD "drives" with poor plays by the punting team. One a dropped punt by Burns at his own 5-yardline. The second, a poor punt by Burns from his two to his 34-yardline.

--Pace missed two FGs in the game, a 33-yarder and the possible GW 43-yarder. Pace only missed FOUR FGs in the other 12 VT games last season.

Now let's come back to the present.

--State lost their main offensive weapon TA McLendon to graduation.

--State lost their entire starting defensive secondary.

--Randall was a winner, but Vick is a much better passer than Randall and won't miss three deep balls to open receivers.

--Imoh is long removed from his suspension and in the offensive flow.

--Humes is healthy and ready to go.

--The young VT receiving corp has grown up.

--And I don't see two fudge-ups in the punting game for VT this year gift wrapping State any touchdowns, much less two.

I know NC STate has a really good Defense..and didnt lose hardly neone correct??...but i have high hopes for the Hokies this year...I'll go with:

VT 32

NC State 14

Hokies "D" will overpower State's O with a Defensive TD.

I hope they win by 3 td's. I usually want Tech to start the game on defense but not this time. I want them to get the ball and go deep on the first play. Take the home crowd out early and let the NCST defense know who MARCUS Vick is.