CC VS DAWGS!!!

dawgsrule

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest old_school

I went to the game Friday and told my wife that CC has the reputation of "winning at home because of the refs". The only calls that I questioned were the call against Coach Wyatt after the CC player knocked down a Tazewell player and the lack of measuring for a first down when CC had the ball. It seemed to me that if the ball was close to the first down marker, no measurement. Fact is Tazewell played "flat" and turnovers killed them. They need to pick up the intensity and quit trying to "style" their way to a win.

Guest old_school

I don't think there was any doubt the call on Wyatt changed the game. The only momentum Tazewell had the whole game got snuffed when that call was made and CC went down the field and scored. The kid for CC had knocked down the Tazewell player a couple of times and the crowd was getting tired of the refs not calling it. I guess Wyatt finally had seen it enough and said something to the ref. Of course it didn't help that Tazewell let them convert a 3rd and 17 two plays after the call.

Well God must have heard their "prayer" becuase they scored 21 points on that D. I take it you play for the team this year so let me ask you, What is your alls biggest problem this year?? B/c from the stands it looks like you all don't have a clue on the field.

Guest old_school

[ QUOTE ]

Well God must have heard their "prayer" becuase they scored 21 points on that D. I take it you play for the team this year so let me ask you, What is your alls biggest problem this year?? B/c from the stands it looks like you all don't have a clue on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know that answer myself. I agree Tazewell looks confussed and "flat" on the field.

Three big mistakes in the first half and getting just two first downs in the second half got Tazewell beat. Not the refs.

BTW, Taz #3 could be a heck of a runner if he'd quit trying to turn flips every time he gets hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with the comment on that. I'm from Tazewell and was at CC to watch the game and I would think that one call was the only real questionable call. The ref didn't throw nothing on CC but was quick against Taz. coaches but nothing can be done now. And #3 is good but he seems too scared to take a hit. That's why he doesn't do punt returns any more

[ QUOTE ]

I already know Grundy is screwed when we go down there...if it weren't for Theo, Tigh, and Garon I wouldn't even make the trip down there this year and I'd go watch Richlands or Graham that week...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

spoken like a true grundy fan lance confused.gif

I agree with you. Tazewell is good and the cecil kid is a good runner. It's just the simple fact that he is afraid to get hit. Shea McDonald is the kids cousin who was smaller than cecil and last year he would run right in their and take the hit. So the Question is cecil is do you have the guts to get hit or are you gonna hang back all season and let them make you look real bad.

Im from carroll and i played football for them the past three years, except this year due to some problems with my broken ankle, and ive never heard of Coach hale or any of the coaches "paying off" the refs or anything like that. As a matter of fact, my mom talked to one of the refs one time at her work and the ref said that when he refs at carroll he is quick to throw the flag at any coach who even thinks of stepping out on the feild and say something. Espicially the JV coach, lol, he gets carried away sometimes. It is also very easy to have a good home record and a bad road record, In my opinion. That could be cuz im from CC but anyways, I do not beleive for one second that anyone around here "pays off" the refs. Just that some refs are quicker to throw a flag on some teams befor they do others. And its not always CC's opponent!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I already know Grundy is screwed when we go down there...if it weren't for Theo, Tigh, and Garon I wouldn't even make the trip down there this year and I'd go watch Richlands or Graham that week...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

spoken like a true grundy fan lance confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

just saying...I'll be there...but you know going in to it that it's 15 vs. 11...you should remember as a 9th grader you were there right?

from the stats posted in this thread, you guys are the ones that need to be making the excuses...not me...shoe is on the other foot at this point.

oh yeah., your caps lock key is stuck. smirk.gif

yeah we can...and you are using AOA refs that are from out that way, not the same refs that the SWD uses...don't kid yourself...that was a move to pacify some of the complaints about the ref situation down there...nothing more than a political move...the song remains the same.

[ QUOTE ]

NO IT WAS A MOVE TO SHUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU UP. STOP KIDDING YOURSELF AND GIVE OUR KIDS SOME CREDIT. THEY WORK HARD EVERY YEAR AND THE COACHING STAFF IS TOP RANKED.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell you what...you want to shut me up, win some road games? how about that?

i really dont care if yall think the refs down here are bad b/c yall arnt any better. and i think when we finley loss a game at home witch wont happen for a long time to come we wont blame it on the refs. and when we loss on the road u dont here any thing from carroll on here about the bad refs up there. do you? i really do think that i talk the most trash on this board from carroll and i really dont think i do it that much so win or loss carroll does it with pride and respect to the others. y cant some of yall do that. im not saying that carroll is any better then any other school on here or in VA or WV. im just saying that some of all need to take resposoblity when all dont play that good.