SWVAFootball.com Sweet 16 (9/14/05)...

GMan

For what it's worth, the SWD has a slight advantage in head-to-head competition against the Piedmont in the playoffs since 1990. SWD schools have won 10 times; Piedmont schools have won 8.

Furthermore, Martinsville is one of the most successful athletic programs of all-time in Virginia. And they have been AA since the inception of the three classification system in 1970.

If someone wishes to post smack about historical results, Martinsville isn't a great target for that purpose.

Great post RichlandsAlum except for 1 thing. Martinsville was AAA until the 74-75 school year. They played in the old Western district with the teams out of Roanoke,Lynchburg and Danville. Believe me I know that was my sr. year and we had to start knocking heads with them that year. They lost to Amherst in the regionals in 75 but won it all beating Southampton in 76. I agree, knocking the Mavahi athletic program isn't a good way of building up your on reputation.Being a Magna Vista fan, we have had the privilige of playing the Richlands team the last 3 years and have enjoyed tthe competition very much. It is great to play teams that are so steeped in tradition such as ya'll are. And to Bulldog95, the coach that you say got fired at MV(which he didn't) from Grundy, is now teaching and coaching at a school in the Highlands District. I'll tell him you asked about him, I'm sure he will be thrilled to death!!