The G-Man's Pigskin Prognostications...Week 4...

GMan

Bluefield 38 Grundy 34

James Monroe 49 PikeView 12

Scott 24 Westside 14

Wyoming East 36 Summers Co. 18

Greenbrier West 22 Meadow Bridge 6

Matewan 42 Man 40

Woodrow Wilson 35 Greenbrier East 6

Princeton 56 South Charleston 35

Covington 14 Alleghany 13

Salem 42 William Byrd 0

William Fleming 35 Blacksburg 17

Cave Spring 24 Lord Botetourt 6

Christiansburg 35 Northside 14

Franklin Co. 34 Pulaski Co. 20

George Washington 17 Amherst Co. 14

Heritage-Lynchburg 24 Patrick Henry-Roanoke 21

E.C. Glass 28 Jefferson Forest 20

Rustburg 20 Dan River 16

Staunton River 21 Patrick Co. 14

Richlands 49 Abingdon 0

Lee 14 Clintwood 12

Marion 12 Graham 34

Magna Vista 28 William Campbell 27

Gretna 63 Tunstall 6

Carroll Co. 21 Tazewell 20

Chilhowie 35 Holston 16

Lebanon 20 Patrick Henry-Glade Springs 14

Northwood 28 Fort Chiswell 7

George Wythe 24 Grayson Co. 6

Giles 42 Narrows 14

Glenvar 49 Bath Co. 16

Haysi 48 Rye Cove 6

Honaker 52 Twin Springs 18

Castlewood 15 Twin Valley 12

J.I. Burton 30 Saint Paul 13

Powell Valley 34 Pound 7

Last Week: 27-13, .675

Season: 85-29, .746

I think you have yet another bad pick on Graham. This week is when you should have picked the "G" by three touchdowns, not last week's nail biter that I predicted. (I did blow the score though)

Graham -21

Take it to the bank.

[ QUOTE ]

I think you have yet another bad pick on Graham. This week is when you should have picked the "G" by three touchdowns, not last week's nail biter that I predicted. (I did blow the score though)

Graham -21

Take it to the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

The G-Men are ripe for the picking this week...key players injured and won't play, HUGE game next week, may be believing too much in the "good press" their getting...

You were right last week (but only due to a great comeback by the Bruins), but this game will be much closer than most think...

hard to win AT cc...I don't care who you are or what kind of year either team is having...strange things go on down there.

I heard they were using our ref's this year so maybe it will be better...don't know if that's true or not.

[ QUOTE ]

Keep picking against us g-man. You will never change will ya? How bout a little love man. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really going "against" the Dogs in this one, only going "with" the refs...

graham may have some players out but it will not hurt them that bad just at safty because they still will have 3 good backs henry barraess and steve brown. jim ed williams will play for bove....williams has like 5 sacks on the year.

Bluefield x Grundy x - I don't know how to call this game? Who knows which Grundy team will show up?

Richlands 35 Abingdon 21 - Richlands is open to the pass, Abingdon likes to air it out....will probably shock some people. Abingdon doesn't have the firepower to hang with Richlands and as the 4th quarter rolls around Richlands is still fresh.

Lee 0 Clintwood 20 - I can't believe Clintwood, they didn't look that great against Grundy, but they didn't look that bad and took advantage of everything Grundy gave them. The Dotson kid is a very good RB and will produce if they run him correctly. Clintwood has the line to run the ball if they can hang on to it. Lee has been a dissapoinment for me so far this year. I had them picked to win the Highlands in the pre-season...Clintwood gets back on track Friday night.

Marion 14 Graham 35 - Graham may be hurting but they still have the 3 headed monsters in the backfield...and Marion can't stop the run...they never have since they left the SWD. I would expect huge ground numbers from Graham.

Carroll Co. 25 Tazewell 14 - If this game was in T-Town I'd pick them by 12, however anyone who goes to CC is an instant underdog, including Richlands who will soon make the good trip to Hillsville. This will be the first real test of the ref situation...Tazewell should win this game easy on a level field, we shall see how it goes.

Lebanon 42 Patrick Henry-GS 18 -Lebanon will find it's way home tonight. After a hard loss to a good Tazewell team, they should be able to get things pointed in the right direction against PH-GS.

Giles 32 Narrows 7 - nothing good ever comes from playing Giles.

Haysi 32 Rye Cove 8 - easy game for Haysi...nothing else to say.

Honaker 49 Twin Springs 7 - Honaker will continue to play better after dripping the Richlands game a few weeks ago...which is nothing to cry over...they'll end up getting good playoff points regardless. They will have this game wrapped up at the half and cruise the rest of the way home.

Castlewood 23 Twin Valley 21 - still can't believe they (TV)lost last week? Without Lester they are a below avg team and I don't think they can get past Castlewood.

Powell Valley 28 Pound 13 - probably closer than most people will think at first glance. PV has a habbit of playing teams closer than they should...but, it won't come back to haunt them this week.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands is open to the pass, Abingdon likes to air it out....will probably shock some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you're seeing to make you think Richlands is open to the pass, but I'm not seeing it. The front four is getting into the backfield almost effortlessly. Abingdon's spread will make it very difficult for their QB to even set up without the benefit of a FB and TE to help with blocking.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands is open to the pass, Abingdon likes to air it out....will probably shock some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you're seeing to make you think Richlands is open to the pass, but I'm not seeing it. The front four is getting into the backfield almost effortlessly. Abingdon's spread will make it very difficult for their QB to even set up without the benefit of a FB and TE to help with blocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll see the shotgun all night, by the time the QB gets the ball he's already set up...closest thing you'll see to a true "west coast" offense around here. Lots of short passes for 4 and 5 yards. Richlands is not unbeatable, you just have to take what they give you, which isn't much...but you can't go 3 and out all night and expect to stay within 40 points...and you are not going to run on them...you can pass, just have to have good reveivers and a smart Qb which Abingdon seems to have...Richlands had better take this game seriously.

GMan-I agree with the majority of your picks, but I must respectfully disagree with one. While I value your modesty, I believe that Graham should handle Marion with little problem. Marion's losses to Chilhowie and Northwood lead me to believe that the Cane's are very down this year. Chilhowie and Northwood appear to be very good Single-A teams, but I would doubt that they could compete with Graham. With the margins of victory in those two losses, particularly against Northwood, I believe Graham's offensive line will give Graham's backs plenty of room to run, regardless if they are third-teamers.

[ QUOTE ]

GMan-I agree with the majority of your picks, but I must respectfully disagree with one. While I value your modesty, I believe that Graham should handle Marion with little problem. Marion's losses to Chilhowie and Northwood lead me to believe that the Cane's are very down this year. Chilhowie and Northwood appear to be very good Single-A teams, but I would doubt that they could compete with Graham. With the margins of victory in those two losses, particularly against Northwood, I believe Graham's offensive line will give Graham's backs plenty of room to run, regardless if they are third-teamers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll stand by my prediction... crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't the G-Man fool you. He knows the G-Men will destroy the Scarlet Hurricane, it is just his way to fire the old team up in a game that it would be very easy to have them lose focus, with the a big mean Blue Tornado on the horizon.

Now tell the truth, Jeff, right ain't I?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't the G-Man fool you. He knows the G-Men will destroy the Scarlet Hurricane, it is just his way to fire the old team up in a game that it would be very easy to have them lose focus, with the a big mean Blue Tornado on the horizon.

Now tell the truth, Jeff, right ain't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the list of starters that are NOT playing tomorrow night for the G-Men??? I smell UPSET...