richlands and comp.

How many times does this have to be discussed? Gate City and Honaker are not down! Each has one loss which came to Richlands. And for the umpteenth time they are as big as many AA schools around here and Gate City is BIGGER than your own.

dont worry BIgD, it will all be settle on the field friday and the rest of the year.... let people say what they want to say even though Honaker is looking to win out this year, and Gate City (enough said without going through the record books) but well finish what we started.......

It's always the same pattern.

Richlands beats team 1

Teams 2-10 say team 1 must be down.

Richlands beats team 2

Teams 3-10 say teams 1-2 must be down

Richlands beats team 3

Teams 4-10 say teams 1-3 must be down

Richlands beats... you get the picture.

i agree big d. classifications are overrated anyway. look at the last 10-12 years and pick the top teams in southwest virginia and its usually been gate city and powell valley- both single a schools. i KNOW richlands would still be playing P.V. but they couldn't work out the scheduling. you have to look at this two ways: first is competition. second is money. the last one may sound funny but its true. the first one is a no brainer. you play competion to prepare your team for the next level..ie playoffs. the second one is also simple. no gate reciepts= no uniforms, equipment, etc. football pays for ALL other sports. so if playing honaker and gate city gives you great competion and a good gate, play them. you only play tazewell at home every other year

Too easy? Wasn't too easy the past 3 years was it? I don't think you're giving Richlands enough credit. If you want to disrespect Gate City and Giles and their programs, I promise you it'll come back on ya one day. Give the Blues credit for what they've accomplished instead of putting down two fine programs. I promise one, if not both, of those teams still have alot of football to play this season.

you didn't read all my posts.....i was being sarcastic......gate city and giles are two of the most successful programs in the region.......please back up and read this thread from the start

I've been following SWVA Football for many years and I think overall it is a down year. I don't look for any team from our area in any division to be state champions. (I have not seen Richlands play this season, but they've got to be our region's best shot at a title - but I'm betting long shot.) Counting scrimmages, I've seen fifteen teams on the field. Grundy and Gate City have their weakest teams in the last five, maybe ten, years. The Highlands District is not strong. Richlands could easily go 12-1 this year but thet same level of talent may have been 6-4 against area teams from 1996.

I've read the whole post and there only seems to be a couple of folks who continually keep putting the "little" A schools! I agree with part of the comment, that GC is down. Compared to the last 4 years they are down. Does that mean they aren't any good grin.gif there is a lot of season left to determine just how "down" the Devils are and how good the Blue Tornado are. So go ahead and talk the smack about who they've played and we'll see in about 24 hrs whether it holds water from a Graham perspective. There's one "little" A school who has never backed down from anyone, and is always looking to add some good non-conference competition. Our problem is that no one (besides Richlands) ever wants to play us more than twice (and Lee). I woulda loved to see Tazwell again myself.

Oh well, crazy.gif see you guys about this time tomorrow. Work permitting.

please reread the thread.....my point was that ghs84 was praising grahams schedule because they played AA blacksburg and martinsville in nondistrict games and implying that richlands was taking the easy way out by playing single a schools......i was actually taking issue with him on that point....gate city and giles are obviously as strong as any double a teams in our region....i was making fun of the fact that he thought playing single a's was softening the schedule......you and quincy both misunderstood my point....i even mentioned that playing giles or gate city was too easy from ghs84's perspective.....NOT MINE...typically gate city is as tough a team as anyone in our region will find to play and never someone to schedule if you want to duck tough competition......ghs84 is simply ignorant to pay so much attention to classification...

"and is always looking to add some good non-conference competition. Our problem is that no one (besides Richlands) ever wants to play us more than twice"

phone bluefield, respectfully, perhaps this is the time the 2 schools should really consider it.