difference .181

23 road games 15 - 8 .652

Grundy: 24 home games 19 - 5 .792

difference .84

24 road games 17 - 7 .708

Graham: 30 home games 22 - 8 .733

difference .51

22 road games 15 - 7 .682

so as you see tazewell has the biggest difference between home and road winning %. and let me respond to you comment BIGD4VT about that 10 - 2 team coming out of nowhere 1st off that team was 0 - 10 two years before becasue they had 8 10th graders starting on both side of the football and only 2 12th graders on the whole team and they worked thier butts off to win 5 games the next year as 11th graders and then the hard work paid off for those kids thier senior year by going 10 - 2 and would have to the state semifinails that year if thier stsring qb from the year before would have been injured before the season and lost his whole senior year of football. in 2003 they where the second best team in the SWD and would have beat grundy, tazewell, and richlands on the road. Oh yea lance in the game against richlands in 2003 CC had the football on the richlands 2 yardline when CC got called for a personal foul that was a bullcrap call so the score would have been worse. as as for teams coming from nowhere to be good the next couple of years just look throught all of the swd schools and a bet you will find a that every team in the swd has had a down year becuase of youth or coaching and came back to be very good the next couple of years just look at graham in 2000 - 2001 they went from 5 - 6 to 12 - 2 in just 1 year and than again in in 1988 - 1989 they went from 3-7 to 13-1 and state champs in just one year

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell: 21 home games 10 - 11 .476

difference .376

20 road games 5 - 15 .376

so as you see tazewell has the biggest difference between home and road winning %.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see .476 - .376= A difference of .376.

I'm pretty sure that would only be a .100% difference between the two, so it seems to me that Carroll by far has the biggest drop from home win percentage to road win percentage.

When I ran the original numbers that I posted in the other thread I excluded 2001 because Carroll (as I pointed out) was 0-10 that year. My point was to show that Carroll INSTANTLY started a GOD LIKE home winning streak while maintaining a subpar percentage on the road.

it was b/c we had a lot of 10th and 9th graders starting on that team. and it lead to experionce and that leads to wins. and thats y we did good and the season we went 10-2 we had our starting QB out that season. we might have done better with him who knows? oh by the way that QBs name is Matt Hall grin.gif

I think it is a lot more important how competitive a team is in a losing year, as well as how young. If you're playing a lot of freshmen and sophs and they go 2-8 and then go 10-2 then that isn't a big deal from a good program.

Just shows they put in the effort and desired not to lose the next year. GC did it in '98 and hasn't looked back since.

and a nother thing that changed from that 0-10 season to now is one Coach Hale. he could be ONE of the best coachs to ever coach at carroll im just say One b/c our feild is named after Frake Beemers coach Tommy Tompson. he has us in the weight room all the time and on the track. hes really changed the work ethics at carroll country for every sport.

[ QUOTE ]

according to the g-man's site here are the numbers between 2001-2004:

CC: 20 home games 13 - 7 .650

difference .300

23 road games 8 - 15 .350

Tazewell: 21 home games 10 - 11 .476

difference .376

20 road games 5 - 15 .376

Grundy: 24 home games 19 - 5 .792

difference .84

24 road games 17 - 7 .708

[/ QUOTE ]

And tyhose three are home games, so two of the three should be good games grin.gif