VT-GT

EH31

I was kinda optimistic before.. but after watching the game today i think VT is for real... if the defense keeps playing like they are i don't think many teams will have a chance against them.

Interesting thing i saw on ESPN..

VT's defense has scored 3 tds this year

Vt's defense has gaven up only 2 td's this year

lol thats a good defense

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Ellis was just interviewed on the post game radio show. He mentioned that GT called them overated in the paper and then he said "They asked for a beating and that's what they got today."

Today's game was a remake of the 1999 versus Syracuse all over again. Supposed "experts" called out the Hokies prior to that game and the Hokies responded by handing SU the worst defeat ever for a ranked team, 62-0. Fast-forward to this weekend, "experts" such as Lee Corso calling the Hokies overrated and the Hokies respond by pounding VT. I just home just in time to hear Corso's postgame remark on ESPN College Scoreboard, "I thought VT was overrated going into today, but boy I was wrong." He gushed over VT and just like everyone else has said this evening, VT might be the best team to challenge USC.

However, before we start thinking MNC there is a LOT of football left to be played. Major test and road blocks lay ahead, and nothing is ever guaranteed. So be excited, be very excited, but keep the expectations in check.

BTW: Oregon leads USC, 10-0, in the first quarter.

[ QUOTE ]

I think VT might jump ahead of ohio state this week

[/ QUOTE ]

Tech is already ahead of Ohio State. They only trail USC, Texas, and LSU in both polls.

And BTW, Tech's defense has scored four touchdowns this year and only given up two. Roland Minor took back a INT for a TD against Dook, and then the three scores today makes four. Yes, the block FG is considered a defensive TD according to the postgame radio show.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I just flipped to that game. If they drop this one Tech will be 'movin on up.

[/ QUOTE ]What channel is that on?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on DirecTV 387. It's a LA ABC station. I don't think it's available on the East Coast otherwise, well except Gameplan.

[ QUOTE ]

It's on DirecTV 387. It's a LA ABC station. I don't think it's available on the East Coast otherwise, well except Gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]lol ok.. well keep me posted on score updates wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

13-0 Oregon 8:19 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's Oregon doing defensively? You could smell something like this coming, although I didn't think Oregon could play this well against USC. The media has built USC into an unbeatable team, some say the greatest team ever. Having followed sports as long as I have, just when a team seems the most unbeatable they get beat. Maybe USC has been listening to all the hype from the media. Or maybe, just maybe the talent is getting restless of sharing numbers with one another.

I don't see USC winning another national title, regardless if they make the national title game or not. The hunger cannot be what it has been and it cannot certainly match that of teams like Texas, VT, etc. And the talent gap isn't as wide as some would like you to believe it is, to where even with less hunger USC could beat one of those teams.

[ QUOTE ]

I WAS IN THE STUDENT SECTION!! MY FIRST TECH GAME AS A STUDENT, MY VOICE IS SHOT!! GREAT GAME!! WE WILL BE PLAYING USC FOR THE NAT'L CHAMPIONSHIP!! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You all and everyone else in the Lane Stadium today were LOUD as usual...my first game in two years and it has definately gotten louder i guess the bowl thing echoes it a lil more but everyone was fired up and i think VT shut sum of these analysis ppl up**Cough LEE CORSO cough**

[ QUOTE ]

Tech could leapfrog UT with this impressive win and take over the #1 spot!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah right!!!! Texas came off an impressive win over Rice (everyone knew it was coming but still...) and Ohio State