VT-GT

EH31

[ QUOTE ]

It's over, USC has gone ahead 30-13 in the second half...

[/ QUOTE ]

damn...i cant wait for the Notre Dame-USC game....and UCLA might even give them a game...you never know...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

No, USC will be playing in the National Championship game, no one can play with this team. I agree with the media, this could very well be the most explosive offensive unit to ever play college ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Mat Leinheardt(sp?) said on an interview that he thought the only team that could give them a tough time was...... <font color="orange"> Virginia Tech! </font> He said we match up well with them. grin.gif</font>

[ QUOTE ]

No, USC will be playing in the National Championship game, no one can play with this team. I agree with the media, this could very well be the most explosive offensive unit to ever play college ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have missed the team that Nebraska fielded in the mid-90s.

I bet I can name the coach who gave them the first place vote. Chan Gailey said before the game that this VT team is the best ACC team he has seen since he got to GT. I don't think the Hokies did anything to change his mind grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You must have missed the team that Nebraska fielded in the mid-90s.

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually, I didnt miss it. That was a great offense, but there was no Heisman trophy winners on those teams either, USC has a past Heisman winner in Leinart, and the probable winner this year,..Reggie Bush. There is no other team that I can recall, that can bust a game open with so many different players, Lendell White(Bush's back-up) could probably be starting for 95% of the teams in college football. They are stacked at every position, MY opinion..this is the best offense ever assembled on a college field.

So according to your logic, a team shouldn't even be considered one of the best of all-time unless they have a Heisman winner among their ranks? The subject itself is subjective.

Out of curiosity, I've been trying to dig up the total offensive numbers for the 1994 and 1995 Nebraska teams so I could compare it to USC's recent teams but I've had no luck.

Hmmmm...maybe you cant read?? The first line of my reply said,"that was a great offense" Of course those Nebraska teams were one of the all time greats. But this USC team is much more explosive, they can score from just about every position, and anywhere on the field. My Heisman reference was just a point to add, that this team has a Qb, that is a RETURNING Heisman winner, and the probable winner this year..in Bush. Neither of the Nebraska teams could bost that, so..I rest my case.