Bluefield/Graham thoughts?

WeirFootball

I don't know too much about Graham this year, but from what it seems like Bluefield had the game won in the opener but just threw it away. Bluefield seems to be playing a lot better the past few weeks and I think they come out of this one w/ a W, but it will be close, something like 24-21. Any other thoughts?

Graham was really limited with what they can do on offense now with the loss of their QB. #3 didn't complete one pass against Richlands last Friday. It doesn't look as if he can even hold the ball right to throw it. The play calling has to get better also. Graham had a 3rd and 1 when the score was 0-0 and didn't go to their horse. Not saying he would have gotten it but he would have had a better chance than whoever got it. That led to the first punt that #20 returned to make it 7-0. Also on 2nd and 1 right before the half they went to the spread and lost yards. On the big pass play down the middle there was no safety in the middle of the field and the QB made the audible and the guy ran a quick slant on the linebacker and had a big play. Things like this cannot happen against a good team. You have to keep the ball away from them buy sustaining drive but eith this kind of play calling it want happen. Bluefield will win the second game if these kinds of things happen this week.

[ QUOTE ]

QB. #3 didn't complete one pass against Richlands last Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

you failed to mention that every time Yost dropped back he was running for his life from 4 gigantic guys.....its not his fault fully....he was up against a good secondary but if he would have had better blocking i think he might have completed a few of em...

Most of the passes he threww were way off target anyway. I don't think that he was close to completing any of his throws. I know that he was running for his life and I understand who and what he was up against. My point was about the play calling. he shouldn't have had to try to pass on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 in the first place. I also believe that the people that said that Graham would be okay without Workman now see that that will not be the case because they will have no passing game.

From what I saw when I went to the Richlands/Graham game, Graham is really hurting with Workman. I think Bluefield might be able to take this one, since we have JT back, and we have no othere injuries right now, and Bluefield has improved tremedously since the first game. And I think Graham having a lot of their best players hurt is really going to affect them, but who knows. I just wish my Beavers good luck!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And I think Graham having a lot of their best players hurt is really going to affect them

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot, outside of the QB and center who else is missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, George Damon is playing but has an injured knee, and TJ Carper is also playing, but has a cast on his had where he broke it. So that is fedinately going to affect them.

[ QUOTE ]

Wasn't TJ playing offense against Richlands Friday? I know I saw him warming up for offense, and I thought I saw him playing deffense and offense, but I'm not for sure...

[/ QUOTE ]

no he sure didnt....he would if he could...but coaches wouldnt let him....i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the slot or split out wide friday night though....never know with TJ...he's a warrior...

what happened to Wills Murray from Graham? Can he not play defense or offense for the G-Men? #11 got an interception last week against richlands but dang he's small and can't tackle. With Carper not being able to handle the ball can they try to throw to Murray at all?

[ QUOTE ]

no he sure didnt....he would if he could...but coaches wouldnt let him....i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the slot or split out wide friday night though....never know with TJ...he's a warrior...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i wasn't sure if i did or not, but believe me i know TJ, and i know he would play in a second, and he's really good...

[ QUOTE ]

#11 got an interception last week against richlands but dang he's small and can't tackle

[/ QUOTE ]

that kid will straight lay you out...he is one of the harder hitting underclassmen...ask any football player....he is a good player.....dont be fooled by his size hes quick and he WILL put a lick on you....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

#11 got an interception last week against richlands but dang he's small and can't tackle

[/ QUOTE ]

that kid will straight lay you out...he is one of the harder hitting underclassmen...ask any football player....he is a good player.....dont be fooled by his size hes quick and he WILL put a lick on you....

[/ QUOTE ]

Lay a lick on you ....all 125 lbs. of him. Cannot wait to see him tackle #22 for the Beavers. That ought to be fun.

Have you forgotten that Workman accounted for 5 turnovers against Bluefield in that first game? I thought Yost did an excellent job getting away from pressure and throwing the ball away when his receivers were blanketed by the defense. He was truly running for his life out there

Graham's game plan will change. Yost is a much more mobile quarterback. Don't be fooled by Yost's performance throwing the ball last week. Richland's was in his face all night and the receivers didn't have any room to breathe. I think Yost did a good job getting rid of the ball when he had to. If given time, he'll do fine with the passing game. If rushed, he can get out of trouble, get rid of the ball, or throw it out of bounds. I think he adds a dimension to the team that they didn't have before. Nobody has scored on Richlands yet. Take away the 5 turnovers that Graham had in the last contest, and Graham wins by 2 or 3 td's....

[ QUOTE ]

Graham's game plan will change. Yost is a much more mobile quarterback. Don't be fooled by Yost's performance throwing the ball last week. Richland's was in his face all night and the receivers didn't have any room to breathe. I think Yost did a good job getting rid of the ball when he had to. If given time, he'll do fine with the passing game. If rushed, he can get out of trouble, get rid of the ball, or throw it out of bounds. I think he adds a dimension to the team that they didn't have before. Nobody has scored on Richlands yet. Take away the 5 turnovers that Graham had in the last contest, and Graham wins by 2 or 3 td's....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite funny. You're making it seem like Richlands had nothing to do with Graham's poor peformance last week. Did it ever actually occur to you that Richlands forced those turnovers?