Magna Vista coach suspended

norseman

MV coach Joe Beckelheimer was suspended for last weeks game against North Carolina power Reidsville. there are several rumors floating around here in the Martinsville/Henry County area as to why, but nothing official yet. i think his father was fairly well-known coach in West Va. for several years. does anyone here where his father coached? (not sure of fathers first name)

Also he is suspended for next weeks game with GW-Danville. The reason for his suspension is being kept very hush-hush but suffice it to say that it was warrented. His father was John, who helped him as a volunteer assitant with the MV program Joe's first 3 years at Magna Vista. He past away last year around about this time of the year. I believe he coached at Oceana HS in WVa.

ofishe8, what kind of crap are you smokin. he was NEVER photographed by any paper before his accident. he WAS cited for intoxicated in public as well as failure to control a vehicle or whatever, both misdeneanors. he crashed on 58 east between danville and martinsville and left the scene. he had his wife drive him back to get his car but a state trooper was waiting for him. henry county school super. fired him from his coaching job but he kept his job as earth sciences teacher at M.V.

this is sad to hear, reall is

Joe B. is a highly consider man in my parts (Oceana) his father was very highly reguarded in our parts, lots of folks thought that there was no other coach like Coach John B.

we had a big ceremony for him at the old Oceana field when he died for him

and actually there was rumors at one time that WS's football field would be named after John, but those idea's got scratched

MV has a good coach staff IMO with the addition of John Harris, coach Harris use to live back here in WV and teach and coach at Oceana H.S. when it was around, when WS was formed, Coach Harris headed out to MV to coach with Joe B and his father and the other coaches at MV

coach Harris is deeply missed here in our area, at least by the Oceana folks anyways

i would love to see him back in WV helping coach our football and basketball teams

i became real close with Coach Harris through football and basketball, set with him a many a times on trips back from the ball games and had a many good conversations, just a great to talk with

i wish Joe the best of luck in getting his life together and getting things turned around and here's hoping MV the best of luck for the rest of the season!

[ QUOTE ]

ofishe8, what kind of crap are you smokin. he was NEVER photographed by any paper before his accident. he WAS cited for intoxicated in public as well as failure to control a vehicle or whatever, both misdeneanors. he crashed on 58 east between danville and martinsville and left the scene. he had his wife drive him back to get his car but a state trooper was waiting for him. henry county school super. fired him from his coaching job but he kept his job as earth sciences teacher at M.V.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jokes? Sure, norseman gets jokes. smirk.gif