VHS vs. BULLDAWGS

cowboys22

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, this is a classic match-up of speed vs. strength. The Bearcats rely on a couple of quick running backs (Eccleston and Ayala), while the Bulldogs boast a very physical offensive line with very capable backs, as well. Virginia High is a mystery to me so far, and I believe this game will be a good measuring stick to judge by. I'll take the Dawgs in a close one, but I'm biased due to locality and the SWD.

I was worried about this game for the Dogs, I dont know why but i thought they were set up for a big disapointment I'm glad that didnt happen. Tazewell pretty much dominated this entire ball game, even though they didnt blow them out they won in convencing fashion. That QB from V-High that was supposed to be able to throw the lights out must have forgot to show up, because all the V-High fans were talking about him like he was the rencarnation of Joe Montana. I expected V-High to be alot better than they showed tonight. I will give it to them thou the game would have been alot closer for them if not for the turnovers, but hey that is part of the game. Good luck to them the rest of the year, i hope we see yall again in the playoffs. Good Job Dawgs! Time to get ready for a TOUGH Graham team. I think a home playoff game will be on the Line Saturday at Mitchell Stadium. Remember how good it felt last year when we beat them, and trust me for all of you all that dont remember you want that feeling again.

Congrats to the bulldogs. man, we made a ton of mistakes tonight. lots of dropped balls. and some bad throws. that will happen when it rains the whole game. that hurt us tonight. great catch by #28 i think for tazewell in the back of the end zone, he laid out and drug his toe, it was an awesome play, especially with the weather like it was.

we have a lot of young kids playin' right now, several due to injuries, 4 sophomore linebackers tonight did a good job, they are gonna be all right with a little experience.

still could of gone the other way with a couple of different breaks. turnovers cost us a couple possible scores, and another led to a 10 yard td the next play when the bulldogs ran right where our d-end should have been, but he was hurt and we only had 10 out there.

Hope we get to see this team again! Guess we'll all be pullin' for Graham, since we have them in a couple weeks. Everybody wants a #2 or #3 seed...i think we all know why wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

or maybe you will be the #4 seed. poor poor dogs. nobody knows. season isn't over yet. don't count 'em before they hatch. good win for you guys tonight though, we still like our chances.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah well we still have our chances too, unfortunately for you ours are higher than yours right now. so good luck.

[ QUOTE ]

or maybe you will be the #4 seed. poor poor dogs. nobody knows. season isn't over yet. don't count 'em before they hatch. good win for you guys tonight though, we still like our chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

The victory moved Tazewell into third place in the Region IV, Division 3 rankings as determined by the Virginia High School League.

Yes, good job by the linebackers; however, #77, the McClanahan kid, is probably lost for the season with a torn ACL. Will get an MRI on Monday. Hate that because he had a bright future ahead of him. Just needed experience and playing time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Good job 'Dogs...big win!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in shock! LOL j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in shock? I always pull for SWD teams against Highlands...