say a prayer with Holston H.S.

1992roon4life

I just heard that holston hs kicker was killed in an auto accident sometime this week, the friday pm game is postponed until saturday pm. everyone show your support for her family and friends. if you pray, say a little prayer. if not, just take a moment of silence or thought. It takes alot of courage for a female to play football, im sure the lord was watching over her on the field of play, and now she is with her GOD helping watch over everone else... frown.gif

http://www.tricities.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=TRI%2FMGArticle%2FTRI_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031785505759&path=Variables.path

Cavaliers find motivation through tragedy

BY TIM HAYES

Bristol Herald Courier

Oct 7, 4:00 AM EDT

DAMASCUS – The mood was jubilant around the Holston High School athletic program last weekend as the Cavaliers’ football team picked up a 46-28 Hogoheegee District win over rival John Battle on Friday, continuing their strong start to the season.

However, that joy turned to sadness earlier this week.

Holston athlete Michelle Wolfe died on Monday from injuries sustained in an automobile accident. The 16-year-old had participated in volleyball, wrestling and track at Holston, and also became the first female in school history to be a member of the Cavaliers’ football team.

"She was one of a kind," Holston football coach Mike Williams said. "A lot of people told her she couldn’t play football, but she went out there and proved everybody wrong. She was there every day.

"When she got knocked down, she got back up. Other kids came and went, but she was there every day and gave it everything she had."

With an enrollment of just 320 students, Holston is one of the smallest schools in Southwest Virginia. Wolfe’s death sent shockwaves through the small, tightly-knit community.

"It’s been a tough week," Holston principal Jimmy King said. "But the entire school and the students have been very supportive of the family."

Several Holston athletes offered their memories of Wolfe on Thursday.

"Michelle was a great girl," said Hannah Dearmond, a three-sport standout at Holston. "She always had a smile and was just a great asset to our volleyball team. We’re dedicating this season to her … We’re having a Serve-A-Thon and we will donate all the money to her family."

Wolfe’s family will receive friends tonight from 6 to 9 p.m. at the school’s auditorium. The funeral is scheduled for 2 p.m. Saturday at Pleasant View Baptist Church.

Holston’s Hogoheegee District football game against George Wythe, originally scheduled for Friday, has been rescheduled due to the tragedy and will be played at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in Damascus.

Wolfe will not be far from the players’ minds.

"We’re all pretty close on this team," Holston quarterback Zack Titman said. "This was her first year on the team and she stuck in there with us. She went through two-a-days, played hard and did everything it took to be a player."

Holston’s athletes plan to honor their former teammate for the remainder of the season.

"The school has ordered helmet decals with the number 43 and we will be getting them this week," Titman said. "This has everybody on our team and at school thinking. It’s a tough thing, but it gives us motivation to work that much harder."

Sports writer Allen Gregory contributed to this report.

thayes@bristolnews.com | (276) 645-2570

[ QUOTE ]

I just heard that holston hs kicker was killed in an auto accident sometime this week, the friday pm game is postponed until saturday pm. everyone show your support for her family and friends. if you pray, say a little prayer. if not, just take a moment of silence or thought. It takes alot of courage for a female to play football, im sure the lord was watching over her on the field of play, and now she is with her GOD helping watch over everone else... frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts and prayers for her family and the community. I'm sure the fondest memories and her courage shall live on in Holston.

my prayers go out to her and every one invalved in this girls life. im trying to send this to my paster at my church and hell hopefuly put her and her family friends ext. on our prayer list. God Bless everyone b/c this could have been u.

MY NIECE COACHED AT HOLSTON FOR THREE YEARS,SHE KNEW MOST OF THE GIRLS INCLUDING THE ONES IN THE ACCIDENT.AT LAST I HEARD,HER SISTER WAS STILL IN ICU.FROM EVERYONE HERE IN THE ST. PAUL COMMUNITY AND AND THE SHOOL,PLEASE ACCEPT OUR MOST HEARTFELT CONDOLENSCES,THE SCHOOL AND THE FAMILY ARE IN OUR PRAYERS,GOD BLESS.

IMO i belive we shouldnt let this post just slip down the boards. This could happen to you me and anyone that gets on here!!! Reality just sucks but it we keep all in prayer then just makes the day better for but like i said thats my opinion!!