Bluefields future

mavsgrad

Best Bluefield team???  

1. 1. Best Bluefield team???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong bluefield is a good team but without their starting qb they are a different team. i figure they will maybe go 1-3 or at best 2-3 the rest of the way. and this after the second graham beaver game. they have a good defence but the offence is a different story. yes the won this past week in big fasion but i dont think that the team they beat are as good as the ones that they face the rest of the season.

Consider your prediction marked but I'm sorry I don't see it happening. Bluefield has a great program and has certainly improved since the beginning of the season but they haven't beat any top teams convincingly yet. They squeaked by Graham and Grundy and they have blown out Oak Hill and Shady. But they are without Powell and are playing three top 6 rated AA teams. With all due respect for Bluefield, 3-0 ain't happening. But hey we'll let the guys on the field decide that.

[ QUOTE ]

Mark it down, Bluefield will go 3-0 to finish out the season. They will end up around a 8-10 seed in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Beaver finishes out the year 3-0 they're a lock as a top 4 seed. They're already into the top 10 in the AA playoff picture at 4-2.

And I'm curious, why does a James Monroe fan start a thread like this? Even in a down year for Bluefield, the obsession remains. Despite being 7-0, they're talking more about Bluefield than their own team.

Honestly it is a personal thing. I worked with a guy this summer who is a Bluefield grad and while I know that his stupidity isn't reflected by most other Bluefield fans he just wouldn't shut his mouth. He made the prediction that Bluefield would win state this year. And honestly, no disrespect to Bluefield, you have a great program but in a down year it is very unlikely that you are going to win state. So I just don't even want them to make the palyoffs just to shut him up.

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly it is a personal thing. I worked with a guy this summer who is a Bluefield grad and while I know that his stupidity isn't reflected by most other Bluefield fans he just wouldn't shut his mouth. He made the prediction that Bluefield would win state this year. And honestly, no disrespect to Bluefield, you have a great program but in a down year it is very unlikely that you are going to win state. So I just don't even want them to make the palyoffs just to shut him up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would not count on that (Bluefield not making the playoffs) if I were you. I think they will make it and go fairly deep. They are getting better and better each week as the younger players are gaining some confidence and the coaches are finding the right spots to put them in, they should be peaking at about the right time with three very tough games on the horizon. I look for them to win out and finish 3rd or 4th in the rankings. This program is solid and knows how to win. A "back to back" is certainly not out of the question for this group of atheletes, if they continue to work hard and improve every week from here on out.

[ QUOTE ]

Consider your prediction marked but I'm sorry I don't see it happening. Bluefield has a great program and has certainly improved since the beginning of the season but they haven't beat any top teams convincingly yet. They squeaked by Graham and Grundy and they have blown out Oak Hill and Shady. But they are without Powell and are playing three top 6 rated AA teams. With all due respect for Bluefield, 3-0 ain't happening. But hey we'll let the guys on the field decide that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bluefield toughest game of the three is this week against Mt. View. The next toughest would be Herbert Hoover the next week. If they beat those two then James Monroe would be the least of my worries, as they are every year. The only ones who are worried about this game is JM fans.

Oh yeah almost forgot. I gurantee you AA teams from all over the state will be keeping an eye on Blfd this week, to see how they do. They don't want Blfd in the playoffs anymore than you do, for obvious reasons.

Beaverball makes a really good point...Not one team in West Virginia "AA" football want bluefield in the playoffs but we have to earn that spot in the playoffs so lets let the future predict itself and we will see what happens

I think you're wrong. I think Weir and Wayne want a shot at Bluefield. After running the score up on Wayne last year, I thiink they would love to get a shot at Bluefield. I believe Weir is just waiting for a chance to get Bluefield also. As for JM, we could care less about Bluefield...

Your probably right Wayne does want a shot at Blfd. As for Weir they always want a shot at Blfd and every time they lose.Same old story with them. Heck it seems every team does, but that is to be expected when your the AA champs or even AA runner up. If JM fans doesn't care about Bluefield then why do they get on here doing polls about Bluefield when their own team is still undefeated. As I told all JM fans last year, Blfd is your game of the year, so just admit it. I mean it's got to be when we are pratically the only team that you play with a winning record, much less a shot at the playoffs. Contact Graham next season as they will probably be short a game again. I would imagine they would be more than willing to play you guys.

James Monroe's Schedule so far

Narrows: 3-2

Shady Spring: 1-6

Oak Hill: 2-4

Pikeview: 1-5

Summers Co: 0-6

Wyoming East: 2-4

Liberty Raleigh: 5-1

Combined Record: 14 Wins/ 28 Losses

2 out of the past 3 years bluefield has put a end to your "undefeated season"..can they do it again?? Time will only tell

Tell me this, who has Bluefield beaten to warrant the confidence of finishing 3-0. Nobody so don't get all high and mighty. Bluefield has come a long way since week one but are still young and without Powell. And if JM plays as good against the Beavers as they did against Liberty this past week then things will take care of themselves.

[ QUOTE ]

Tell me this, who has Bluefield beaten to warrant the confidence of finishing 3-0. Nobody so don't get all high and mighty. Bluefield has come a long way since week one but are still young and without Powell. And if JM plays as good against the Beavers as they did against Liberty this past week then things will take care of themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield doesn't have to beat anybody to convince us that they MAY go 3-0 in these final games. We as Bluefield fans know, come crunch time, that they will be right there in the mix at the end of the season, because they have proven this time and time again. JM has only proven they will fold when they play competition. Comparing Liberty to Bluefield is like comparing night to day, so I wouldn't go that route.

Let them confide in their weak schedule and empty victories. I really hope your team doesn't come into Mitchell Stadium with that attitude in a few weeks or you may not like the outcome.

"Tell me this, who has Bluefield beaten to warrant the confidence of finishing 3-0."

With all due respectWhat hasn't bluefield accomplished that they should think they can't?

Aside from weir and wayne in my honest opinion there's not a aa team as strong as princeton, at least not as strong as princeton was when they were 100% with their rbs.

Obviously they were defeaed by princeton, but they played them very competitvely and fact is princeton has had a strong team overall in '05.

Graham is also a quality team with as much speed as any aa team in wv aside from bluefield, mount view and likely weir, and more size than a lot.

I simply don't see the level of compeitition any of the 3 remaining teams have played that makes me think bluefield can't compete with them or defeat them.

Mount view in my opinion will be the hardest team's for bluefield considering this is the 1 game mount view plays for, and they equal bluefield's speed, but the herbert hoover game "at" herbert hoover, a rough game, makes that an equally difficult game in my opinion.

I consider aa like so.

In my honest opinion with their qb bluefield was 1 of the top 5 teams in aa, without they still might have enough speed to compete with anyone, perhaps not weir, and wayne will have to prove they can handle speed. Their history even with their undefeated teams has shown they have a harder time adapting to speed. Not that they might not be able to in '05, I suspect they have enough strengths of their type to overcome that, but they'll still have to show it.

But, bluefield is in fact without their starting qb. They didn't have powell for the princeton game either though.

The d is playing much stronger though.

In my opinion the key to bluefield's seasonis the james monroe game, regardless of the outcome of the mount view herbert hoover games, bluefield might have the potential to earn enough points for the playoffs with a potential victory over a 2nd rated james monroe team with a 5 - 4 record. Not certain but perhaps some math people who know the system could guess if that's possible.

Some James Monroe "fans" crack me up to no end. Each year they want to run their mouth about Bluefield leading up to the game with Bluefield. Then when Bluefield knocks their Mighty Mavs back into reality they crawl back until their bales of hay for another 10 months until it's time to replay the same scenario. They never get any wiser despite the continued beatings from Bluefield. They don't live in reality, but yet some fantasy world where James Monroe is an elite (LMAO) program.

Ok, I said I wouldn't bring up James Monroe but you force med to. Bluefield is going to smack you guys by at least 3 TD's. You play a weak A schedule, let alone AA schedule. Heck, little A Weirton Madonna w/ 110 kids plays a tougher schedule than you do w/ the exception of the Bluefield game. You guys might go 9-1 and lose in the first round. You remind me of Wayne fans, only worse. You have yet to win a state title(but at least Wayne has been there) and you still talk all this smack. I'd love to see Bluefield tear you apart in the regular season, then have Weir beat you by 40+ AGAIN!!! If Bluefield doesn't go 3-0 to end the season it won't be because JM beats them. Also beaverball, I saw the little cheap shot against Weir. Of course Weir wants another shot at Bluefield, but no matter what their goal is to beat whoever gets in their way of a state title. I wouldn't get so confident just yet b/c this year's Weir team is stacked and Bluefield, while still very good, doesn't have the caliber of team you had in 03&04.