GRAHAM/TAZEWELL SCORE UPDATE

Nessa0714

[ QUOTE ]

"I'm not so sure Henry didn't step out of bounds on that long run though...but with the lines on the field not being visible (wtf is up with that anyway????) you really couldn't tell...I was surprised someone from the Tazewell sideline didn't take a shot at him it was so close...lol."

They showed that run on WVVA news, They got a good shot of the sidelines and he didn't step out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if the sideline was not visible how the heck did you see it on the replay on WVVA....you think they superimposed it?

My question is why would the G-men go for two? Any why the onside kick? The percentage play would have been to kick the extra point and then kick the kickoff deep into the endzone and make them drive the entire field. Although both things worked out for them, if either one failed they were certainly giving the Bulldogs a chance to come back on them.

Anyways congrats to the GMen on the win, we Beavers appreciate the bonus point. Also good job Bulldogs you guys played hard and certainly have nothing to be ashamed of. It was a great High School football game to be sure.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the G-men on a hard fought win. They came out and played strong in the 4th. Just goes to show you that teams have to play a full four quarters. The heart and soul of this Graham team is one that will remembered for quite some time and I am sure that I speak for alot of G-Men faithful when I say that we are very proud of you and all that you have overcome this season.

Hats off to Tazewell for a great game. You guys definately came to play some football. Good luck with the rest of your season....that is unless we have to meet again grin.gif

yea i watched the news, he didnt step out. Maybe why it was ok for the center to throw the ball is because he was at the end of the line and the 8th person. we used "the gate" some last year whee the whole line would line up one side of the field and the center and qb on the other side.. sometimes he snapped the ball, go 10 yards and catch a pass

one reason was their long snapper was hurt bad he did the snap for the 2 point try and he tried one on a punt that rolled back to the kicker luckly a penalty on both sides caused a rekick and he did better but had to be carried off the field. so the 2 point was worth the try. also on the onside kick most dont think it was intentional but no matter it worked and caught tazewell off guard.

I dont recall any rule about the way a center has to snap a ball, when the ball is coming off the ground both teams start their play. I dont know why this is such a big deal anyway, it didnt make a difference in the outcome only the score

Too many excuses, Tazewell played well and Graham won.

END OF STORY

on the hit in the back play, i wasn't sure if they called that a clip or what...could have been anything really from a block in the back to a personal foul...whatever...result was the same either way in a "do over"...so no real point in arguing what the actual penalty was...doesn't really matter what they called...Graham had to re-punt as a result.

like i said, i wasn't sure about the Henry run down the sideline...i couldn't see it well from where I was at...all I know is that it was really close to being out and was right in front of the Tazewell bench...it was a great run none the less...my point was more about the lines being so faint than if Henry went out or not...was more of a "you couldn't tell from the stands" sort of comment.

on that extra point play...I still don't know what went on there...did the center throw it? I thought that was the whole point of not being able to run the "center sneak" in that the center can't advance the ball, but is it legal for him to just stand up and throw it like that? I've never seen that happen like it did yesterday before so I'm really not sure what the rule is...anyone a ref or coach or just a smart fan that actually knows the rule out there that wants to explain? Because that one is a real head scratcher for me at this point...it was the strangest extra point play I've ever seen...lol.

I think overall Tazewell played good ball up until about 3 min left in the game...and like I said the clock management at the end was a little strange...I mean, not much you could do at that point really but you could tell Tazewell didn't know what hit them the last 3 min...which is somewhat understandable under the circumstances...gotta hand it to the G-Men and the coaches because they smelled blood and went for the throat for sure...what a great game to watch.

my question is at what point does a team go from being on offense on a punt to being defense on a punt. if on defense people get blocked in the back all the time so if graham was on defense at that point it should not have been any call made the tazewell player was blocking the graham player from getting to the ball he hit him to move him out of the way so that he could down the ball which from where i was setting was not moving toward tazewells goal but back so he would want to down it as quick as possible i would think and the tazewell player was in the way.

but point is when does a team go from offense to defense. if graham was still ofense then it would be a block in the back. i could see the call if the kid from tazewell was actually trying to pick the ball up to run and interfering with a players right to catch the ball. but not when he is moving away from the ball blocking the other team from downing it after it started to bounce back the wrong way.

as said before ultimately did not make a difference much in the overall game. i just was making the comment reguarding the one who was starting to make excuses for tazewell.

it is hard to mount much of a offense when you only have the ball for 5 plays in a quarter like tazewell did in the 4th. graham played much better the fourth quarter than the rest of the game. and it showed in the final score.

i have one and it is not crying why my team loses a game and trying to blame it on everything but the fact that they got beat. you are the one that brought up the refs in the first place so do not complain when others take you to task on the topic. i was at the game till the very end and i saw what went on and did not go on. tazewell played a very good game they got outplayed in the 4th quarter when it counted the most. but that happens. just like beaver did to graham in game 2 they wanted the game more and played a better game than graham.

actually i was posing the question to lance in hopes of getting a answer to my question on the punt that is all was not even talking to you anymore until you said for me to get a life. i never said anything to you like that but then i try to respect others rights to say what they want and to my right to reply to that in a respectful way.

[ QUOTE ]

my question is at what point does a team go from being on offense on a punt to being defense on a punt. if on defense people get blocked in the back all the time so if graham was on defense at that point it should not have been any call made the tazewell player was blocking the graham player from getting to the ball he hit him to move him out of the way so that he could down the ball which from where i was setting was not moving toward tazewells goal but back so he would want to down it as quick as possible i would think and the tazewell player was in the way.

but point is when does a team go from offense to defense. if graham was still ofense then it would be a block in the back. i could see the call if the kid from tazewell was actually trying to pick the ball up to run and interfering with a players right to catch the ball. but not when he is moving away from the ball blocking the other team from downing it after it started to bounce back the wrong way.

as said before ultimately did not make a difference much in the overall game. i just was making the comment reguarding the one who was starting to make excuses for tazewell.

it is hard to mount much of a offense when you only have the ball for 5 plays in a quarter like tazewell did in the 4th. graham played much better the fourth quarter than the rest of the game. and it showed in the final score.

[/ QUOTE ]

The foul occurred during what the rulebook refers to as a "loose ball play" a loose ball is not in possession of either team. A foul that occurs during a loose ball play reverts to the previous spot or where the ball was last snapped. Hope that helps to clarify what happened on that play. The refs assesed the proper penalty which in that case turned into a 45 yard penalty.

lance all i know is now and then you see teams line up that way and actually the center does i guess you can say pitch the ball to the back behind the line and he hopefully runs it in for a conversion.

well I guess it's my fault for not paying close enough attention to the play because I still didn't get a great look at what happened and I'm still trying to figure out what exactly went on...lol...looked like it was a lateral pass to me which i figured was not legal for the center to throw...and did the guy who caught it check in as an elig rcvr, or did he even have to?

just curious at this point on the technical side of things...lol.

i dont know the rules my self lance but i would think that if he was in the backfield so to speak he would be a eligable receiver just like a back out of the backfield. but i dont know. just my opinion. i could see him checking in as a receiver if he was a lineman and not a number that was eligiable to be a receiver. but i dont know.

[ QUOTE ]

so how is the leg doing then

[/ QUOTE ]

It's alright... I tore my medial meniscus, and i have ACL surgery coming up as soon as possible, so i can get the 6-month rehab out of the way. So, for me, I can't wait till August 1st, 2006. The G-men aren't done yet tho...